“Great Seafood”
Review of Romanos Restaurant

Romanos Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Romanos Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #12 of 268 Restaurants in Glen Burnie
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Romano's Restaurant is a casual family restaurant serving fresh seafood, mouthwatering steaks, irresistable pastas, garden fresh salads, homemade desserts and much more. We use only the finest and highest quality ingredients in all of our dishes. All of the staff at Romano's is dedicated to providing te finest cusine and serice ensuring each guest's experience is memorable!Romano's serves one of Maryland's best award winning crab cakes. We use only the finest jumbo lump crabmeat and perfect blend of spices to create this masterpiece. You will not be dissapointed.
Reviewed 9 February 2017

Never had a meal I didn't enjoy at this restaurant, and have always left with a doggie bag. If you love seafood, this is the place for you. I always get the stuffed oysters. A mound of lump crabmeat piled on top of an oyster and broiled...to die for!
The service is quick and the folks are always very pleasant.

Effie S, Owner at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2017

Vicky, We truly appreciate your 4 star review and hope that we can earn that 5th star soon!! Looking forward to seeing you back with us again soon. Cheers!

Reviewed 31 January 2017

Enjoyed another great meal at Romanos. This place has the best Maryland Crab Cakes in the area. It's a very nice and relaxing restaurant. Nothing fancy and don't need to get dressed up. The service is great. One of our favorite places to eat dinner and the crab cakes are delish with lots of chunk crab meat and little filler. Well worth the price.

Effie S, Owner at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2017

Thank you so very much for your amazing 5 star review!!! Our crab cakes are definitely a fan favorite!!! We try to keep a comfortable yet relaxing atmosphere and we certainly look forward to having you back with us soon!!!

Reviewed 24 December 2016 via mobile

Plenty tv's watch football on different game on each tv...good strong drinks u take care bartender they will take care up

Effie S, Manager at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2016

Thanks so much for all the kind words! There is nowhere better to catch the game than Romanos Restaurant and we're glad to hear our bar-tending staff took good care of you. Hope to see you back again soon.

Reviewed 21 December 2016

Romanos Restaurant was recommended by a friend that had been there before for her granddaughters birthday. Raved about how much food they give you. Well that wasn't the case tonight :( Everything had changed from the time of Happy Hour (even though it's listed on their website ~ to the portion size). When we arrived we asked 2 waitress where we could sit and both ignored us and kept walking. So we sat ourselves inside the bar area. Once seated it took at least 10 minutes for anyone to even acknowledge us yet along take our drink orders. Once we were given our menus it took another 15 minutes for a waitress to take our orders. We inquired about the 1/2 price for appetizers and was informed that they were 1/2 price with the exception of seafood. We ordered steamed shrimp with a house salad. When the shrimp came out they were a nice size considering and hot. The salad was kind of bland. I asked our waitress Chelsea for plastic silverware she informed me that she was unable to provide me with such, it was only for take out orders. She then asked if I had some type of condition as to why I couldn't use the regular silverware. I asked her is that your normal policy to question a paying customer. Informed her yes, as a matter of fact I do. She said she would have to ask her manager. She returned and said once again, we are not allowed to give you plastic silverware except for take out orders :( I then asked someone else who was standing nearby if I could have plastic silverware, he gladly gave them to me no questions asked. I'm still puzzled as to why Chelsea didn't provide a paying customer with such a simple request. Every time Carlos noticed a empty dish on our table he asked if he could remove it. He was more attentive to us than our waitress. I would rather give him the tip than Chelsea. We ordered their chocolate cake for dessert to share. After one bite we sent it back. It was very dry. It was just great to hang out with friends. I don't think we will be going back to this restaurant. :(

1  Thank JWallace52
Effie S, Manager at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2016

Thank you for bringing your concerns to our attention. Our staff are all trained to be nothing but courteous and accommodating to all of our guests, and our food should always be delicious, flavorful and leave you wanting more. Your comments are concerning for us and we would value the opportunity to discuss your visit in more detail. Please contact us at (410) 768-8188. We hope you'll give us another chance to prove we are worth that recommendation.

Reviewed 4 December 2016

When in town this has been a favorite, but I feel they are losing that charm. On our recent visit, the atmosphere that we once enjoyed wasn't there? Our server kind of just went through the motions of service. The food while good, but they lost that edge that set them above others that serve the same food. I had the Greek salad but it was average in comparison to previous orders, no dolamdes. The spinach pie had no flavor and very little cheese. My wife had the manicotti which was still good, my sister had the gyro platter and cream of crab which the lamb and beef were tender and tasted good. My brother in law had French onion soup which he said was good. The prices have increased dramatically but not the quality or service to rate any higher than average. Parking can be challenging if they get busy and the area we were seated at the servers deposited dirty dish and such was extremely noisey. Not sure if this will be a place we return to when in town, but it's food is still good for the most part.

1  Thank Dave I
Effie S, Manager at Romanos Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 7 December 2016

Hi Dave, thanks for voicing your concerns. We're sorry to hear you feel this way. The quality in our food and service should always be consistent. Our focus going forward will be in improving our standards, as your feedback is highly regarded. We want to bring back that charm that was there before for all of our customers. If you would like to reach out to us directly, please feel free to call us at (410) 768-8188.