All reviews cracker barrel king suite waffles recommend this hotel room was clean sausage coffee maker indoor pool living room the east coast would stay here again front desk staff a great stay great breakfast convenient location great room waffle house
Reviewed 30 October 2018

This La Quinta is located very close to interstate 95. Easy off and on to the interstate. Cracker Barrel is a neighbor. Not sure if even numbered rooms put you away from interstate noise if this would bother you. Good location for any activity in Cecil Co. Wish they recycled newspapers, plastics, etc...

Room tip: Try an even numbered room to avoid interstate 95 traffic swish.
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2018

Thanks for taking the time to write about your experiences at our Newark - Elkton La Quinta. I’ll use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay. I hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn and Suites as your choice for lodging accommodations.

Reviewed 23 October 2018

I have been staying at this property long enough that I remember it before the most recent renovation. Whenever I visit the Newark, Delaware, area, this property is my hotel of choice. The employees, from the General Manager to the Front Desk personnel and Housekeeping Staff, are personable and professional. The rooms and common areas are spotlessly clean. Staying here is always a pleasurable experience for me.

• Trip type: Travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

We really appreciate you taking the time and giving us your feedback! We are also very thankful to you for choosing our property over and over again for your stay. We are very pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Newark - Elkton La Quinta. Our team members always look forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future as your travel need arise.

It’s our commitment to serve our guests to our best ability and hope to always exceed your expectations.

Reviewed 22 October 2018 via mobile

This is one of my favorite LQ’s to stay at when I am driving the eastern corridor, especially if I am with a couple of my pets. It is clean, quiet, and comfy. But the biggest plus to me is Nelson, who was (once again!) on the front desk the Sunday night of my arrival. He is a wonderful employee, super helpful, nice, and kind.

Happily, I was in a first floor junior suite on this trip. The usual comfortable king bed, decentralization TV, microwave and refrigerator in the room made my stay a pleasure. Even though I was in a front room, and because the hotel is off the highway, road noise was minimal and my sleep was not disturbed in the least. (My cats had a great time getting some exercise after having been cooped up in their shelter.)

Breakfast included bacon and eggs, the usual make your own waffle station, fresh fruit and the usual assortment of carbs. One thing I noticed that was different from other hotels: they had granola on the breakfast bar!

A note for busy travelers, heading south, it is the first exit in Maryland, easy on and off I-95. There is a Cracker Barrel next door, and other restaurants are a 5-10 minute jaunt down the road.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2018

Wet hank you for taking the time and giving us your feedback! We are pleased to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay at Newark - Elkton La Quinta and our staff members were full fill your need. Our team always looks forward to providing you with exceptional service in the future as your travel need arise.

Reviewed 13 October 2018

We stopped here while driving from Boston to Durham, and this was about the midway point. I am disabled, and was totally exhausted from driving, as was my travel companion, my daughter (aged twenty-something). Her exhaustion was from dog-wrangling our 12lb mutt, Iggy. Iggy hates car rides, thinking that all car rides end at the vet, even though most of them go to the park or the beach.

We got to the hotel on 10/8/18 and I hate to admit, I barely remember most of it. The people were incredibly friendly and checked us in very quickly when the desk clerk saw how exhausted we were. She had friendly pats for Iggy, and gave me a form to sign, saying that I would pay any dog related damage, starting at $350 for cleaning nasty messes. As Iggy is trustworthy, I had no hesitation about signing. We took him for a last nighttime walk before bed and discovered that many of the other dog OWNERS were not trustworthy, as there were messes all over the lawn.

All of us woke up refreshed, and two of us were ready for another long day of driving. (One wanted to stay put and get belly skritches) My daughter and I ate waffles at the self-serve breakfast bar, which included fruit, cereal, a few pastry choices and lots of coffee and tea. The waffle bar here included strawberries and whipped cream -- a nice touch.

We checked out at 9:00 am and headed right back down Rte 95, no problems at all. I'd have given this property a perfect score if it wasn't for the dog messes all over the property.

Room tip: If you are petless, ask for a room away from the "dog floor." Much quieter.
Trip type: Travelled with family
Vasu P, General Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Newark - Elkton, responded to this reviewResponded 19 October 2018

We truly appreciate you taking the time to write about your experiences at our Newark - Elkton La Quinta. We will use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay for all guest. We hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn and Suites as your choice for lodging accommodations.

Reviewed 11 October 2018

My son and I stayed overnight with our two dogs - the reason I selected this hotel. I liked that the dogs were able to enter through the main lobby of the hotel, in other chains, we were directed to enter through the rear doors with the dogs. This was our first experience staying at the LaQuinta brand, and this location is well managed. Our room was very clean, with two full beds, a sofa, work desk, and a microwave and frig. The "living room" space was comfortable, but the sleeping space and bathroom felt a little cramped. We couldn't quite find the right adjustment to keep the room at a comfortable temperature - it was too cold when the a/c was running, too stuffy when it cycled off, but the weather pattern has been unusual, which may have created these conditions. The bathroom lighting could be improved, it could be brighter. The breakfast and front desk area were clean and bright, and there were plenty of places to walk the dogs around the property. I found some of the hotel guests rude - during the night, guests down the hall repeatedly slammed doors waking us up, and the next morning in the breakfast area, three guests were discussing the politics du jour, loud enough to be offensive. This is no reflection on the hotel or staff, but I felt these guests were inappropriate.

Date of stay: October 2018

We appreciate you taking the time and giving us your feedback and write about your experiences at our Newark - Elkton La Quinta. We will use your feedback to continue to provide the best possible stay. We hope that in your travels you’ll once again consider La Quinta Inn and Suites as your choice for lodging accommodations.