“Still my go-to Chinese”

Asian Boy
Ranked #45 of 95 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: Asian
Reviewed 22 June 2017

I have been going to Asian Boy for quite some time now. I feel lucky to have discovered this place tucked into the strip mall across from the Super Walmart in Elkton. Everything I have had has been excellent. Their Lo Mein Noodles, pot stickers and General Tso Chicken are all very good. This time we added a Salmon Fried Rice to our order to try something new. My husband LOVED it. There were nice sized chunks of salmon in it and it was plentiful. We would definitely recommend and will be back! Service is always super fast and friendly! They will also accommodate substitutions for an small fee, which is a plus since I have found that most Chinese restaurants will simply say "no". Not here! There are a few tables inside should you wish to dine in, but take out and local delivery are other options too. We have used their delivery service once so far and it was pretty quick. I just told them what time I wanted dinner & they were here on time! I would definitely order delivery again.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

The other day I decided to have Chinese take out for lunch. I phoned Asian Boy and placed my order. When I arrived 5 minutes later, my meal was in the process of being prepared. I only had to wait a few more minutes and I was on my way. I had the General Tso Chicken lunch special & substituted lo mein noodles for rice (upcharge). The lunch special also comes with choice of wonton soup, egg roll or can of soda. I opted for the can soda. I also had an order of the fried dumplings.

Overall, food was very tasty. The dumplings were delicious & cooked perfectly. Lo Mein noodles and General Tso chicken were both very good. Chicken was tender. Sauce on the General Tso Chicken was yummy. Service was fast & friendly. Prices are average. Fortune cookies and wooden chopsticks provided free of charge. Small dine in area IF you wish to eat on the premises. Local delivery is available OR you can just get take-out.

Bottom Line: Very good Chinese food at good prices. Service is fast and friendly.

Reviewed 6 August 2016

This is the first time we have ordered Chinese delivery at our Newark address and we made a great choice Everything was hot and fresh and plentiful.

Reviewed 20 February 2016

I've been on a mission to find good Chinese take-out food in the Bear-Newark area for a while now. I have tried OVER a dozen places--literally! Asian Boy was my most recent venture. I stopped in there the other day to get a take out menu, look the place over and ask some questions about the menu.

First off, the people who worked there were really friendly. It looks like a family run business, as it appeared to be a husband and wife team. Grandma was seated nearby watching the baby. Grandma does not speak English, but the couple did. They were both really friendly and accommodating. They were willing to search my address to see IF it was in their delivery range. They said it was, but that delivery is only for lunch time. Delivery also requires a $15 minimum purchase. I inquired about whether lo mein noodles could be substituted for the rice in the lunch specials. They said it was no problem. It would be a $1.50 upgrade fee OR $2 if I wanted chicken, vegetable or shrimp lo mein instead of plain. This was fine with me. I was just happy to hear a "yes" instead of a flat out "no", which I have encountered several times in the dozens of other restaurants I have tried. The restaurant appeared clean and they even had a few tables if you wanted to dine in. I took a menu and decided I would try it sometime within the week.

Well, I decided to order the very next day since I was super excited about this place. I called and ordered the general tso chicken lunch special with lo mein instead of rice. I was told it would be 5 minutes to pick up. When I arrived it was ready as promised. The staff once again was really friendly. They welcomed me and even chatted with me. They gave my kids fortune cookies just after walking in the door, before they even realized that I had already called ahead! So nice! The food was served up hot and was packaged nicely in plastic Tupperware. The chicken seemed like REAL chicken. There were nice plump pieces instead of just batter. The chicken and noodles both had great flavor. I really liked the sauce and the lo mein noodles are some of the best I have had. My special came with either wonton soup, a can of soda or an egg roll. I got the egg roll. It was decent, but not the best I have had. But then again, I have never been a huge fan of egg rolls anyways. I probably should have just opted for the soda.

Overall, a great experience. Staff are SUPER friendly and accommodating. Service is FAST. Prices are good. Serving sizes are generous. Food tastes good. Restaurant appears clean. I think I may have finally found MY new Chinese restaurant in town! So far so good. I would go back again and recommend to others.

Reviewed 26 December 2015

I used to order from here all the time, but never again! Yesterday I called in my delivery order, and used my credit card. I signed the receipt, gave the driver a tip, and didn't think anything else about it. Today I was cleaning up (recovering from the flu) when I noticed that the delivery menu had my credit card number and expiration date written on it by hand! I called to complain, and the girl on the phone - the same one who took my order yesterday, tried so say she had to do that to keep track of the order. Bull!!!I had to contact my credit card, ect. because I don't know who might have seen or written down that number. Shame on you, Asian Boy!!!

Been to Asian Boy? Share your experiences!