“Best chicken n dumplings ever”
Review of Cracker Barrel

Cracker Barrel
Ranked #2 of 95 Restaurants in Elkton
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I have been here 3 times now, the service is great and the food is delicious and they are very family friendly.

Reviewed 29 August 2016

..I had an very unpleasant take-out visit; I called placed an order, get their and paid and was told it would be right out. After about a solid 15min past, Kimberly, a very gracious young lady said she will check the status of my order, she was concerned, as I was. She called to the back and was told its coming right out, I heard it too. Another solid 15min past and no food, at this time, I asked to speak to the manager, Joel came over to me I explained I have not received my take out; he promptly returned with my food, says he don't know what happened, he just got on shift about an hour ago...no explanation of the delay. Nothing. No apology. I asked for and received a full refund. I called in my order at 2:54pm, my receipt stamped 3:39pm for closed ticket. Not a pleasant experience :-(

1  Thank Moten919
Reviewed 14 August 2016 via mobile

This is one of the highest volume Cracker Barrel restaurants in the US. It's right off of I-95 in Maryland very close to the Delaware State Line.

The people who work here are nice and aim to please. Just like other Cracker Barrel restaurants, you can sometimes find interesting things in their general store.

This is one of the best places in Elkton. It's possible if you go to high school in Elkton that this would be the site of your prom date dinner, but otherwise don't come here expecting anything other than a decent casual meal.

Reviewed 1 August 2016

Cracker Barrel was a place we happened to find near Interstate ramps in several states and that led to the occasional visit to a local store. It was okay but over a few years has declined into the unacceptable range.

The silverware is interesting in that it is wrapped in the napkin and appears to be initialed as if inspected. We both ended up with dirty silverware - dried-on crud. Nope, you couldn't miss it so inspection wasn't the reason for the markings.

The food was okay or, as expected. Except the part about biscuits. Why even ask when you bring the meal if the reply is they're 20 minutes out? Must take a while to thaw.

It's unusual to not have a cell signal or WiFi at these stops but 1 bar 3G wasn't stable and an open connection to La Quinta didn't actually work. Didn't ask for a password - good connection but didn't work (sorry, we weren't guests). Perhaps cell some carriers are better but VZW is a dead spot there.

Very loud tonight. The establishment has no control over screaming children and loud groups but I would suggest establishing a seating policy that would be a good match for the customer. Subjective approach but nothing to lose by trying to provide a pleasant atmosphere.

It wasn't bad a few years ago but it isn't good now.

Reviewed 31 July 2016 via mobile

We went back to this Cracker Barrel because it's always been the location that has the best food along rt 95. We had another very good experience. Stopped in at 4pm on a Sunday and got seated right away. My summer spinach and berry salad with chicken was delicious, and my son's hamburger was cooked to perfection. When we left it was very, very, very crowded. I guess we timed that well. I'd you have to wait, there's always the rockers outside.

Been to Cracker Barrel? Share your experiences!