“Amazing food and service”

Island Spice Grille & Lounge
Ranked #1 of 55 Restaurants in Edgewood
Description: Welcome To Island Spice Jamaican Cuisine, Where We Pride Ourselves On Creating And Producing Food That Is Not Only Rich With Island Spices, But Created In New And Exciting Ways. We Strive For The Highest Quality In All Things Related To Our Food, Service And Ambiance.
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After a long drive from Cape Cod MA, we were happy to see this restaurant near our hotel. I didn’t expect much but was astounded by the food and service!
Marlene was our server and when I thanked her she said “my pleasure!”....who says that! She also helped with a replacement glass of wine and was helpful and responsive throughout.
The food was incredible. The salad was super fresh and delicious with mango and pineapple and a wonderful light dressing. The jerk shrimp was incredible. Again, so very fresh from the shrimp to the salad type side. Jerk sauce was so tasty.
This is an independently owned restaurant and the pride shows! If there were 10 stars I would give it!!

1  Thank S C

Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

This is a great place for couples, family’s or friends to get together and eat authentic Jamaican food. The food is made to order. They also have a indoor bar area that you can eat and drink or if you prefer they have an indoor dining area as well as an outdoor patio area.

2  Thank alwaysautotransport
Reviewed 2 October 2018 via mobile

I’ve ordered takeout before and decided to dine in the time. My wife and I both got jerk u got the jerk chicken she ordered jerk salmon... so delicious!! Not only was the good good but the portions size was just right and the presentation perfect! Drinks are s bit high 10-$12 for a cocktail. Wait staff was nice restaurant is very clean the band was just setting up to play a set. This is the type of restaurant for date night or dinner. I will be back, so glad it’s around the corner.

2  Thank Larry L
Reviewed 28 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this restaurant because it was within walking distance of our hotel. The staff at the front desk of our hotel told us it was very good, and they weren’t kidding. It was fabulous!

We’ve only had Caribbean food a few times, when on cruises in the Caribbean, and this was by far the best! True island spices, with elevated cooking techniques.

The staff were friendly and it was evident they were proud to work there.

Oh, and their cocktails were really good, too.

If we didn’t live over six hours away, this would become a go-to restaurant for us

1  Thank Catherine G
Reviewed 16 September 2018

Island Spice is now a destination for me when I'm in the area. I went there for carry out. With little time to spare, I was a bit hesitant when I saw a sign on the counter warning that they're not a fast-food establishment. Nevertheless, I placed my order and took a seat to wait. Surprisingly, I waited less than 10 minutes, and the food was worth every minute and more! My jerk chicken, beans with rice, and plantains took me on a culinary trip to Jamaica. I'd experienced nothing better-tasting in Montega Bay than I got at Island Spice. In addition, the atmosphere is nice, the service was good, and the prices are just right. What's not to like?

1  Thank 266shirleyf