“Comfortable”

Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed 23 April 2018

We were able to get a table on a busy Friday night. The staff was friendly and the atmosphere comfortable. The food was tasty and served in good time.

Reviewed 22 April 2018 via mobile

After birding all day on the Eastern Shore, we had worked up an appetite and decided to head down to Crisfield to find a late lunch. The Waterman’s Inn was exactly what we had in mind..... locally sourced fare in a comfortable contemporary setting. We both chose the early bird platter options- available between 3-5pm- and combined delicious local all lump meat crab cakes (broiled) and fried shrimp. The shrimp were butterflies and dipped in panko- crispy and the best I’ve had in sometime; however, the complete sleeper and huge surprise in the menu are the Lima beans!! Watermen’s Inn Lima beans are best tasting Lima’s I’ve ever eaten..... slow cooked and seasoned with bacon - to die for!! I wanted to take a quart home with me. Save room for dessert because the locally baked Smith Island cake (state cake of Maryland) is scrumptious. The cakes are baked by a woman in the community and are cheek smacking delicious!! The nine layer baked piece of heaven was layered with banana, yellow cake, custard and enveloped in a cloud of white frosting..... I wanted to take the whole cake with me. Ambience is nice and wait staff amusing but most importantly some serious delicious Eastern Shore fare. Reservations in the evening are recommended. Enjoy.

1  Thank Michael R
Reviewed 21 April 2018

I'll admit, I was pretty unimpressed w/ the town of Crisfield. Went in April and there were only 2 restaurants open for dinner. But luckily, one of them was Watermen's. Great service, nice menu, excellent food. I mean EVERYTHING we ordered was great and that doesn't always happen!

2  Thank db_victorny
Reviewed 15 February 2018 via mobile

My husband and I had a delicious Valentine's Day dinner here. Steak was cooked perfectly. Waitstaff was attentive without overdoing it. Atmosphere is cozy, with many diners saying hello to one another. Worth the drive!

Reviewed 30 December 2017

I really expected the top restaurant in Crisfield to hit it out of the ball park, but it didn't. Cream of Crab soup was runny and the crab cakes were good. Two of them but for the price, should have been bigger. This should be THEIR dish that people come back and back for and although they were small, but tasty, but could have been larger for the price or for more backfin.

Nice atmosphere...