“There are better places in Crisfield...”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Olde Crisfield Crab and Steakhouse
Reviewed 23 August 2014

I wanted to like this place but I really couldn't. Decent view on the deck...service was barely OK....tablecloths were sticky...but they were nice. For a good meal, there are definitely better places in Crisfield to eat.

Reviewed 21 August 2014

We spotted this nice place along the water when we were hunting for a place to grab some lunch and a cool drink. Two tables were occupied so we thought we came at the right time. One table was filled with a party of 10 and found out they had requested separate checks. Who does that? Another table of 2 looked like they were waiting for their food. Well we were greeted and then we waited and waited. Finally after at least 20 minutes we place our drink order. Ice water, beer, bloody mary. Well we waited and waited. The drinks came and we honestly could not drink the water. It tasted like it had come from the sound. The beer was warm but the bloody mary was decent. We waited again and then got to order our food. We should have been leary at this point but we were enjoying hanging out and watching the activity in the marina. It was at least an hour from the time we got there that our food came out. I had the shrimp salad sandwich and my husband got the jumbo soft shell sandwich. Both were satisfactory. We did feel bad for the waitress as she obviously had no help. I had to take a break and use the restroom and found it was the bar area and there was no tissue or towels. I found the one in the formal dining room but no one seemed to care when I told them. Too bad this place had so much going for it but they must rely on the night life.

Reviewed 7 July 2014

Stopped for dinner over the July 4th weekend and had a nice time. The place was fairly empty which was surprising for a holiday weekend. The menu was adequate if not inspiring. We were looking for a place to pick some crabs and my friends had been given this place as a recommendation. I had a rockfish sandwich which was decent. I'm not a shellfish lover, so I typically stick with fish, but there were no other fish entrees on the menu. Our party also got the softshell crab sandwich and split a dozen crabs to pick. They were out of mussels and a few other items which was unfortunate. I believe they enjoyed the softshells as well as the crabs. The crabs themselves were an OK size, but many of them were missing legs and especially the claws. My wife did enjoy them though and my friend said they were decent, if not quite as good as some others he had recently. The tiki bar looked fun, but there were no outside tables to seat 4, so we sat outside at the main restaurant. Cleanliness wise, it had a bit to be desired inside. You had to step over a spill getting to the restroom. Our waitress was fine, although we felt a bit bad for her because I think she was the only one there. The beer selection was limited to the generic domestics and a couple other options like Landshark, Corona, and Shock Top. Overall we enjoyed ourselves and had a decent dinner. Would we return? Maybe. From the limited reviews of the other establishments in town I don't know that we'd do much better elsewhere.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

This was my first visit to the newly reopened restaurant and everything was splendid. My sister had the fish and chips, made with fresh local rockfish, while brother-in-law and I downed several dozen perfectly sized clams and steamed shrimp. The server was sweet and attentive and she and management were very accommodating and helpful to my disabled brother-in-law. Next door is a festive water-side tiki bar. I look forward to coming back and trying the much talked about buffet.

Reviewed 15 May 2014

Sunday Buffet with all the good stuff. Hand carved prime rib, shirmp, oysters three ways, chicken, ect.....I ordered the Rockfish sandwich off the menu..fresh, perfectly cooked, and yes....I'll have it again!