“Unscrupulous Company - Online Buyer Beware”

Lintons Crabhouse and Deck
Ranked #6 of 27 Restaurants in Crisfield
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 15 April 2018

Very sorry to say our experience with Linton's Seafood has been unsatisfactory. Our order did not ship on the date communicated and arrived five days after shipping. Winter weather was blamed but it doesn't make sense as we're in the same area and the package, once finally shipped, arrived in our town (traveled 90% of the way) within one day then sat for the next four days. One can only assume UPS held delivery pending payment from Linton's. Our communication with Linton's was initially encouraging and a full refund or replacement shipment was offered. Unfortunately, Linton's has not followed through on their promise. The softcrabs we ordered arrived warm and spoiled and were unfit for consumption. Short of seeking remedy via PayPal it seems we may have been swindled. So much for buying local and from family businesses. Linton's does this segment of the business world, and trusting customers, a disservice.

Reviewed 26 December 2017

We ordered 10 lbs of large stone crabs to be delivered Saturday December 23 for our Christmas Eve meal. They came Friday December 22. We kept them on ice hoping they would be ok for the extra day. When we opened them we found not even medium sized crabs. Ok, small crabs, delivered a day earlier than I specifically ordered, whatever. When we went to eat them most of the crabs were truly inedible. They were gray and tough. Awful. We are not new to buying stone crabs and having them delivered for our Christmas Eve. We’ve been ordering them for at least 10 years. Unfortunately this year I was a little late to order from where I usually get them from but saw this place with a reasonable price and cheap delivery ($20). I took a chance. Needless to say our holiday meal was ruined. I never write reviews unless they are good, but I really feel I should write and warn potential customers about this. It was a costly mistake. I highly recommend flstone crab or George’s or any place other than this.

Reviewed 4 November 2017

We live in Florida, and we ordered 3 dozen raw oysters. My sister-in-law gave us a $50 gift card, so we were excited to use it. I only paid for the shipping. They recommended 2-day Fed Ex shipping. I ordered them on a Wednesday and they arrived on that Friday. The box was leaking from the bottom, and the smell was unbelievable! There was ONLY ONE thawed and warm ice pack on the bottom of the package, and the oysters had clearly gone bad. They were warm. We called the owner and he said to go ahead and "crack one open and try it, because the bacteria doesn't start for 48 hours!" Sorry, we were not going to be going to the ER any time soon. He offered no discount or refund. I am so disappointed and upset. We want to tell the world to NEVER ORDER FROM THEM. This is poor customer service at best and unsafe for consumption. I've ordered shellfish and food online before, and I've even ordered salmon from Alaska. That food comes packed properly and promptly. This is a disgrace!

Reviewed 14 October 2017

We went to Linton's because of the recommendation given to us by the front desk guy at our motel. It's a cute place. As best we could tell, you order in the little restaurant section and then have the option of having your food delivered outside to the "crab deck," or taking it to go. We chose to take it with us because we had our dog with us and we were tired from driving all day. The people were friendly and they had a nice menu. They also have slices of (famous!) Smith Island Cake for under $5, which was the most reasonable price we saw, and a little shop area to browse while waiting for your order.

We ordered a combination platter of fried goodies including crab balls, clams, and (I think) shrimp; there may have been more, but these are the things I remember most. We also ordered the Cream of Crab soup. The crab balls were pretty darn good. The clams were okay; a little chewy, but they had a nice breading and weren't fishy. I would've loved to try the crabs, which I saw being carried out to the deck repeatedly, but I've learned the hard way not to eat seafood that isn't fried when traveling unless I know a lot about the restaurant, so we stuck to the fried stuff. It was all very good, and there was a large portion (plenty for us to share) that included some yummy fries.

The Cream of Crab soup was okay; it wasn't the best I've had in Maryland, and was pretty thick (probably a result of sitting in a pot for awhile), but it was pretty crabby and had a nice flavor. We were stuffed, and our bill was under $35, so our bellies and our wallet were all happy.

We probably won't return to Crisfield due to our hotel stay (see that review elsewhere), but if we did we would pay Linton's another visit.

Reviewed 19 August 2017

Found this by accident when looking for a place to eat fresh steamed crabs. It's great - you order, they steam on the spot. A nice porch (with or without AC) to eat on - it's well equipped for eating crabs. Very relaxed. Crabs are wonderful every time. Other beautiful fresh seafood but I can't get past the crabs. Smith island cake too.

1  Thank Vera P