“New restaurant in town ”

The Gathering Place
Ranked #10 of 29 Restaurants in Crisfield
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

I have been here 3 times since the new owners bought out Circle Inn. The first time I ordered turkey with mashed potatoes . The turkey was in chunks and the mashed potatoes tasted like they were instant. My husband ordered the barbecue pulled pork that he didn't care for. It was chunks of pork with little flavor. We did LOVE the bread basket with rolls and an iced cinnamon type of bread. It was delicious.
The 2nd time we went I ordered the meat loaf which was on special for only $10. I loved the meat loaf . My husband ordered a fish combo with shrimp that he also loved. Unfortunately the bread basket just had plain rolls.
The 3rd time I ordered a salad with grilled chicken and walnuts which I totally enjoyed. I also ordered a bowl of vegetable soup which was delicious but unfortunately had lots of pieces of beef in it. To me vegetable soup is supposed to be just vegetables. I don't eat beef so my husband finished the soap off. My husband ordered cream of Crab soup with pieces of fresh crab on top . That was a nice touch. He also ordered the flounder that was just ok. The bread basket was good.
Their prices are reasonable and will be back. I'm hoping their cook will hone her cooking skills where every dish she prepares is delicious. They are trying and we hope they will become a huge success .

Date of visit: August 2018

Reviewed 10 July 2018

I am a late riser, so breakfast offered all day is a huge plus. I usually order "eggs over medium" and "limp" bacon, and they nailed it! The place is clean, the staff is friendly, and the food is great.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

I looked forward to having a crab cake while in Crisfield and the man at our motel recommended this restaurant. The crab cake was pretty good but was so small. The coleslaw and hush puppies were okay- not horrible but nothing to write home about. For the price of $16.00 I expected more. The service was good. The atmosphere is laid back. In the picture below you can see how tiny the crab cake was. It’s there on the plate sitting between the hush puppies and the little cup of tarter sauce.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 21 June 2018

Love to eat here! Nacho's are home made with pulled pork..delicious and generous portion. The service is always good and friendly. Shrimp salad was very tasty. They offer specials so don't forget to ask. You can also call for take out.

Date of visit: June 2018