“Best cookies”
Review of Corner Bakery Cafe

Corner Bakery Cafe
Ranked #112 of 287 Restaurants in Columbia
Reviewed 20 May 2017

Bakery items are average with the exception of the cookies. Check them out - wonderful. But beware that they are often out of one or more flavors. Check your take-out order before leaving. Often missing items, or the wrong serving size.

Reviewed 19 May 2017

My wife and I had lunch at corner bakery cafe before a matinee at the mall theater. The staff was friendly and seemed to be trying really hard to make it a good visit.
I had a salad/sandwich combo. The salad was much larger than I expected. The sandwich was good.

Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

First time to visit. We came for breakfast. We both had the Anaheim Scrambler. Delicious. Three scrambled eggs with crisp applewood bacon, tomatoes, green onions and cheddar cheese, topped avocado. Plus oven roasted potatoes and multi grain toast. Orange juice. It was delicious. Quick serve, friendly staff. We will definitely come back for breakfast. They also have lunch sandwiches and soups. Easy to get too. Everything is good. Definitely recommend doing the breakfast. Only criticism is no V8.

Reviewed 3 November 2016 via mobile

We both had the tomato basil soup which is slightly spicy, and always delicious. Then we had the chicken panini sandwich. Very tasty as always.

Reviewed 10 October 2016

The counter service was exceptionally slow, not friendly, and not careful. Five minutes after we paid, the counter staff member came out to tell us that there was no chicken noodle soup, but of course I had already paid. So I just asked for a whole sandwich instead of the combo. Then the food took ages to arrive. Both of our orders were incorrect -- my sandwich had no cheese; my husband's eggs had no avocado. There was NO apology given for the error, and NO effort put into making sure we got our food back, and NO attempt to remedy with any sort of incentive to return in the future. The woman at the counter just plopped the order on the kitchen pass-through, said "can somebody add cheese!" or "add avocado!" and then eventually the plate would get put back up there, but nobody was paying attention to give it back to us.

After all that, my sandwich (roast beef and cheddar) was dry and not very flavorful. My husband's eggs and potatoes were quite good, but not good enough to make us want to come back.

The place just seems hopelessly disorganized. There were 10-12 people working, but none of them seemed to have a specific assigned role to focus on, so there was a lot of movement but not a lot of getting stuff done. Because everybody kept switching roles, there was often nobody at the counter taking orders, or nobody available to address issues out on the floor. At any given time, there might be nobody at the counter, nobody clearing tables, but six people all clustered together back by the kitchen talking about food orders.