“Nice Lunchtime Surprise”

Ranked #29 of 287 Restaurants in Columbia
Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Description: Authentic Indian Cuisine -Light, Healthy & Delicious. Open EVERYDAY for Lunch & Dinner
Reviewed 1 May 2016

We were hungry for some lunch and decided on a nearby coffee shop, but when we got to the parking lot we spotted a nearby Indian restaurant. 15 minutes before 3:00 we fell into the end of their lunch buffet. It was great! The chicken (tikka, vindaloo and masala) plus goat curry was separate from the vegetarian dishes. To top it off we had Indian egg crepes and Naan bread fresh out of the oven delivered by attentive wait staff. We will definitely be back soon for another visit.

2  Thank Ernest R

Reviewed 25 April 2016

I LOVE this place. As a vegetarian in America it can be really difficult to find somewhere that really caters to my tastes and desire for choice. I love my Indian food and Mango Grove combines a huge choice of veggie and vegan options with extremely well cooked Indian cuisine.

There is a lunch buffet every day - which is pretty reasonable. A really great thing is that everything but one or two dishes are vegan or vegetarian and the meat dishes are placed away from the main vegetarian buffet which to me is really important. How many times as a vegetarian have I seen my choice cooked on the same griddle as the meat etc? Well this won't happen at the Mango Grove, the restaurant has two kitchens one where they deal with the meat dishes and the other dedicated to the non-meat options - which is just wonderful to me.

The dinner menu is very large too with again many options for those who don't want to eat meat or indeed dairy. The dinner menu is a little more expensive and it can add up when you factor in rice and bread to the meal, but the portions are good (generous even) and taste very good.

The service at Mango Grove is very good too - all of the staff are on point and every time I have been one of the owners or managers have made a point of visiting the table and having a friendly chat.

This is genuinely a great place and well worth the visit over to Columbia to have a taste!

1  Thank Sharon C
Reviewed 21 March 2016

Went here w/a medium sized group of coworkers, some vegetarian, most not, and we picked a bunch of stuff to try. Other than being slow service, especially initially, the meal was good, nice flavors, and water glasses were kept full. Tried new options and old stand-bys and everything was tasty, some with real heat/spice. Skipped dessert, so can't comment there. I think going as a couple and missing out on the variety would be a disappointment; we all shared family style.

2  Thank Stephanie_5o3
Reviewed 26 January 2016

I've gone to Mango Grove for years, long before it moved to its nicer place. And I've always enjoyed the food. But my last two visits have changed my mind. In late December 2015, I had the first bad meal I've ever had there. The variety wasn't good, food wasn't hot; it was just below par. We returned today. Only after we were seated did the hostess tell us that they had a limited menu, perhaps because of the storm. When I started through the line, I couldn't believe it. Only iceberg lettuce for a salad instead of the 3 or 4 nice salads they usually have. There were 3 meat dishes and just about that number of vegetarian offerings---far below their usual variety. No poppadoms. The usual dosas never appeared although when we left they appeared to be preparing some. The food was only lukewarm. I only got bread when I requested it and then more than 1/2 way through the meal. They weren't busy so that isn't an excuse. I could understand they might have problems two days after the blizzard. But we were charged full price for a skimpy, inadequate buffet. In a few weeks, I'll try again. But if things don't look up, one of my past favorite restaurants will be off my list.

2  Thank msw1189
Reviewed 4 November 2015

Mango Grove was always a favorite when we lived in Maryland and we went there frequently. When I was in the area this week, I was able to find time to stop in for the lunch buffet. Excellent offering for vegetarians and there is meat for the carnivores. The staff keeps up with the buffet replenishing as needed. The restaurant including the restrooms were nice and clean. The staff was friendly. This location is much nicer than there previous location.

1  Thank 323martyd