“Go for the Smoke”

smoke.
Ranked #15 of 95 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Price range: US$8 - US$20
Reviewed 3 March 2016

Go for the smoke. The aroma hits you in the face when you enter this small place. Our party of four found a table quickly. This was a busy place on a Saturday afternoon, that featured limited casual seating, minimalist decor, notwithstanding, it’s the food that leaves the lasting impression. Our orders of the beef and the chicken sandwiches were outstanding. Full of flavor, ample portions were the winners here.Served with excellent sides, the Mac & Cheese was a real hit with our table.
Our midday lunch at Smoke was a pleasant surprise that hit every mark that many of their higher priced competitors never reach.
Go for the great BBQ and enjoy Smoke.

Reviewed 27 February 2016 via mobile

I went here with my 4 year old daughter, and we both really liked it. They gave large portions and the owner was very accommodating. He came over to talk to us, asked if we had any questions and made sure we were good with the food. Also the mac and cheese side is fantastic.

We will definitely be back, and I recommend this place wholeheartedly. Try to support this place. It has a tough location and wasn't busy when we showed up. It's not very hard to get to and is not far from York Rd (which is a major road in Baltimore). But smoke is in a strip mall on a side road. In fact we really liked the restaurant that before smoke was right in /by this same space but couldn't stay open due to low traffic.

The only reason I didn't rate it as excellent is there weren't many sauces the day we went there to add to the BBQ.

Reviewed 22 February 2016 via mobile

Ive read multiple times that "this place will blow you away " that " sorry were sold out ". Neither happened while i was there. We were there for over an hr dueing the "lunch rush" and saw two other customers come through the door.
We ordered bama sandwichs with old bay chips. Small portions, sandwhich lacked flavor ( the sauce was good but need more all over the sandwhich ), the smoke chicken reminded me of leftover thanksgiving turkey warmed in a skillet. The bacon and bread was good. Great flavor and lite fluffy bread.

And the price is crazy expensive for what little you get and a drink isnt included. But i do enjoy the coke in a glass bottle .
I think ill stick with andy nelsons or make some bbq myself next time.

1  Thank Whiteflash85
Reviewed 20 February 2016

Great crowd early Saturday evening speaks volumes. Entry brought instant "Mmmmmm..." to the aroma of the smokers. The decor is minimalist hip and cool. The menu, simple. Very simple. The food? Outstanding! So much so, when we arrived about a third of the menu was sold out! Our order consisted of my Notorious P.I.G. an incredibly prepared pulled pork sandwich on a grill topped with slaw (also had slaw on the side) toasted brioche (I think) bun. Wow. I added the "house" BBQ sauce and was consumed by delicious. I also had a side of mac and cheese that was the best, rich blend of Gouda and other cheeses packed in a small Chinese food container. The fresh made pickles? Simply wow.
My wife went for The Pit sans the bun. Incredible brisket topped with breaded onions. She also enjoyed her slaw and pickle.
The house sauce is mellow and tasty. Sorry the bacon covered dates were sold out.
Kudos for the youthful vibe and table markers (you'll have to go and see for yourself), ancient stereo gear and music you can nod your head to in varying phases and speeds.
You must go. You will enjoy! Vegetarian options available for the fainthearted.

Reviewed 17 October 2015 via mobile

Walk in the door and catch a whiff of smoke. Elevated bbq. Fresh ingredients. Everything is house made. Lots of attention to quality. Bbq with flair of southern cuisine and comfort food. Nothing canned or prepackaged in this place, as far as the food.

Details count, like stocking Mexican Coke made with real sugar instead of the usual American product made with corn syrup.

1  Thank Art S