“Pit beef and smoked turkey. Large portions at good prices and friendly service”
Review of Jake's Grill

Jake's Grill
Ranked #5 of 102 Restaurants in Cockeysville
Cuisines: Barbecue
Description: Great pit beef, owner operated, off the beaten path in a non commercial location, unique stop.
Reviewed 18 March 2017

This is a family run place situated in an old gas station. They have big smokers out front and a deli case inside. There is seating but that is not why you would come here. The pit beef sandwiches are a deal. Cheap, overstuffed with lots of tender beef. Condiments, onions horseradish, pickles are provided for your to add yourself at the deli counter. They also sell ribs, barbecue and smoked turkey. Sides are available ( mac and cheese) as are chips, pretzels.

Date of visit: March 2017

Reviewed 27 February 2017

Family time out took us to Jake's! Lot was filled with cars on a early Sunday afternoon. Me, the wife and son took the pilgrimage to Jake's! Pit beef, pulled pork, hot sausages, cole slaw, etc. Totally yum! The guys even put my wife's order in a container so she could enjoy the goods without gluten. Even though I ordered my usual (they know me too well), I asked them to take my wife and son's orders first.
Chilly day and the wood stove was going to keep us warm. Incredibly, three of us enjoyed great food for less than $25. That's less than Five Guys which usually runs us about $10 per person. You can't go wrong with this friendly, family operated business!

Date of visit: February 2017
Reviewed 23 January 2017

Great barbecue place right off the road.

The food is excellent and so is the service.

I had the roast beef medium rare. Very large portion size.

The coleslaw and the mac n cheese were also very good.

I would not classify it as a fast food place, but the food is served very fast. You can eat in or take it to go.

Date of visit: January 2017
Reviewed 12 December 2016

Stopped by 12/10. Always worth the trip. And, people seem to follow me when I go there. Great business, great folks running it. And who can drive by those active smokers? Vegans, maybe? My pit beef and sausage sandwiches were spot on. I need a 12 Step as I'm addicted and powerless. Help.

Date of visit: December 2016
Reviewed 4 September 2016

Seven dollars for a great beef sandwich and a buck fifty for some delicious mac n' cheese (smokey, and not too cheesy)

I'll be returning for sure.

Date of visit: September 2016

Been to Jake's Grill? Share your experiences!