Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring
US$64
US$90
US$80
QualityInn
Super 8 Hagerstown/Halfway Area(Hagerstown)(Great Value!)
US$66
US$63
  • Pool
US$62
TripAdvisor
All reviewshot tubyogurtextra blanketswhite tailchoice hotelsindoor poolwould stay here againroom was cleanski areafree breakfastgood nights sleepcommon areasmake your own waffleswhitetail ski resortparking lot ishot breakfastfitness center
Reviewed 27 October 2016

Upon arrival to our room, I noticed a bug(it appeared to a cockroach) on the chair. Then I saw a couple on the air conditioning unit. Upon opening the curtains, I saw multiple bugs on the unit, on the curtains, all around the window, in various stages of life and death. We immediately went back to the front desk. I showed the person at the desk the multitude of bugs I had taken pictures of, and her initial reply was 'oh that's our state bug'. She paused and didn't say anything for a second, it was as if she expected me to say 'oh well it's just the state bug, no problem, we'll go back to our room'. When I looked at her like 'are you kidding me', she then said but I'm sure we can find you another room. She was not apologetic at all, and seemed put out that we did not want to stay the night with a bug infestation. We were given another room, there was still a dead bug in that room(it was next door to the bug infested room so I guess it's to be expected). The one bed in our 2nd room also seemed to have dirt or sand of some sort. Had I not already paid for the room in full through expedia, I probably would have looked for accommodations elsewhere. I was especially appalled at this as the main reason I opted to stay at your hotel, was the extremely high customer rating it had at on expedia. I will likely make another choice in the future, even if there is an additional fee for other hotels.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 October 2016 via mobile

We set out without a reservation for the the night and after 10 calls to hotels without vacancies we were hesitant to book this one. It directly off the interstate in a quaint clean town. We were throughly pleased with the cleanliness of the entire hotel. The room was immaculate and most importantly the beds were comfortable.

Stayed: October 2016, travelled with family
Thank Collin N Cather... B
Reviewed 28 September 2016 via mobile

We were just at a sad, scary hotel (3 star), so this place was breath of fresh air! It's always a little scary to make that mysterious Express deal or Hot Rate decision, especially if it says 2 star only. I'm so glad we were given this hotel!! It says 2 star and it's more like a 3 star to me!
Our king room was so great! Everything looked clean. Bed was comfy. Shower was good. Good water pressure. Air worked fine. No weird odor. The bathroom counter was large. I hate having to go back and forth to the room when I'm getting ready in the morning. There's a guest laundry that's open 6am-midnight. There's an indoor pool and a hot tub that I saw and it looked awesome, but didn't get to use. Breakfast was nice... eggs, sausage, bagels, toast, doughnuts, pastries, 2 pancake waffle makers, yogurt, hard boiled eggs, instant oatmeal, apples, 2 cereal choices, juice machine, and coffee. You can eat inside or outside. There's a cornfield nearby, and I thought that was so cool!
It has a fitness center but it closes at 10pm, even though there's a room key slot. Hubby was disappointed. We've been on the road for a long time and he needed a good workout.
Wifi was awful!!!! It kept dropping out. I've been reading other reviews, it seems to be a constant issue. They should really get that fixed.
Other than those issues, I would recommend this place to anyone passing by this way. Thanks for a great night sleep.

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 September 2016

There was a WIFI according to check-in information provided but we could not log in despite several attempts. The lady at the front desk could not help us. The gym does not open with the room key so the front desk lady tried using the master key which did not work either. We gave up, but was told during breakfast the next day by another guest that finally the master key worked and they used the gym and pool. Also there is no business center with a computer in the premises for guest to use (this was a surprise to us). I have stayed in many hotels in my decades of living in Europe, Africa, and other destinations and never heard of such a thing.
There is a small fridge and microwave oven in the room. A small TV which is not good for the visually impaired or old folks! Besides the above disappointments, the room and bathroom was very clean and spacious with a very big window. The breakfast which is free had plenty to choose from and the ladies serving breakfast were extremely nice. I usually tip workers during breakfast but one older lady who was working during breakfast cleaning and stocking needed items went above and beyond our expectation and she worn our gold star for service and with that a VERY good tip from our family. The lady at the front desk was very nice too the problems I mentioned above were not her fault. I hope Sleep Inn & Suites can offer at least a business center for its guests! If using tech devises or gym is not a problem while traveling then I would recommend this hotel because it is easily accessible from the interstate. There were two places to eat across from the hotel one at a gas station with a good choice of menu and seats and the other a small restaurant.
Sleep Inn & Suites please provide a business center with at least one computer and a printer for guests! Yes, you have good working people like the lady who checked us in, help them do their job effectively and efficiently!

Stayed: June 2016
Reviewed 5 September 2016

I have no issues with my stay at all. I was so exhausted from traveling a long way, the receptionist that checked me in and out was so helpful with places to eat and was just so nice, I'm so forgetful in my older age and can barely walk, she brought extra wash clothes and toothpaste up to me. The room was nice and cool when your first walk in and the beds are definitely worth the stay. Breakfast was exceptionally good, better then most hotels. I will surely keep this hotel in mind for my next trip.

• Stayed: August 2016, travelled solo
Management732, General Manager at Sleep Inn & Suites Clear Spring, responded to this reviewResponded 8 September 2016

Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to review our hotel. We hope to see you in the future when traveling through the area. We have great pride in our staff in meeting all our guest needs.