“Great food at Great Sage”
Review of Great Sage

Great Sage
Ranked #1 of 29 Restaurants in Clarksville
Price range: US$10 - US$20
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Great Sage is anything but common, featuring a bold menu inspired by exotic flavors from around the world, using organic ingredients to nourish the body, and providing a warm, earthy, yet romantic atmosphere perfect for any occasion. Great Sage seeks to provide the highest quality gourmet foods created from only plant-based sources.Great Sage opened in June of 2004 as the third business to be added to the exciting new venture called, "Conscious Corner" in Clarksville, MD. Owners Jeff & Holly Kaufman and Jody Cutler began Conscious Corner in June of 2000 with Roots Market, an independent natural and organic market catering to the gourmet and natural foods enthusiast.
Reviewed 11 September 2017

This was my first visit to an all-vegan restaurant and I was pleasantly surprised. One of my group has Alpha Gal (an allergy to mammal meat) so there were no worries of a reaction from anything on this menu. I had the flatbread with cashew cheese. Others had a roasted veggie wrap and a chipotle-dressed hash. The desserts were yummy: carrot cake with icing that tasted like it was made of cream cheese. The whipped toppings are made of coconut. I finished my meal with a soy latte. The service was pleasant, knowledgable and attentive.

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

We started with buffalo bites, fried cauliflower, they were crunchy on the outside and cooked perfectly in the middle. Came with two great dipping sauces, one hot and one like a blue cheese. Very large portion, had to take half to go. I had the Summer Wrap, mushrooms, red onion, olive tapenaud in a spinach wrap. Very good and filling,
My wife had the avacado kale hash, she loved it too. Carrot cake to go and we thought it was very close to the real thing.

Reviewed 18 August 2017 via mobile

I don't eat vegan or vegetarian food very often but this place is pretty good. The pumpkin empanadas were delicious and so was the vegan chili.

Reviewed 13 August 2017

I'm not vegan, but I was invited by a family member to give this restaurant a try.

We were there on a Sunday evening in August, and the place was hopping. There were people waiting - I'm not sure how long the wait was as we were able to join the rest of our party, who were already seated.

The place was busy - and noisy - but clean, and everyone was very friendly.

We shared a plate of buffalo bites, and they were pretty good.

I stuck with a basic choppped salad, which had a few shreds of chicken-substitute on top. It was a perfectly acceptable salad, and while I didn't find the chicken-substitute particularly chicken-y, it wasn't objectionable, either. One member of the party had a gyro special, and he liked it - but he would've liked a non-vegan one better. One person in our group got the spinach dip and crostini appetizer as her main meal, and I'm pretty sure that was the reason we were there - she's had it before and she loves it.

I can without any qualms recommend the salted caramel dessert cup.

As a non-vegan, this is not going to be my first choice. I didn't see much to really tempt me, but a salad is a salad- and I liked my salad just fine. I'd eat there again without complaint, but I'd also be just as happy to give up my seat to a vegan who would better appreciate it!

Still, it's not their fault that I'm not a fan - they appear to be doing everything right, and I can appreciate that.

My only more general comments are that it was a little too noisy to converse easily, and, to me, the prices were a little bit on the high side.

Reviewed 25 July 2017

We stumbled on to this place when the next door Roots market was having a Vegan festival. Naturally, there was a long line, but after persevering for 30 minutes we got a seat in the outdoor patio. My friend ordered a Reuben sandwich and I a ceasar salad with fried cauliflower pieces. The cauliflower pieces tasted delicious and the Rueben sandwich was pretty big and equally tasty. The service was wonderful. They have a great virgin Mary drink that comes with a big long celery stalk and a small pickle piece. After eating the big portions there was no space for desserts. The inside decor was pleasing but nothing fancy.

Been to Great Sage? Share your experiences!