“Good Food With A Casual Flare”
Review of O'Connor's Pub

O'Connor's Pub
Ranked #12 of 51 Restaurants in Chestertown
Price range: US$6 - US$18
Dining options: After-hours
Dining options: After-hours
Reviewed 23 January 2018 via mobile

Good food, good drinks, & good staff. A must try if you want a casual place to eat with good food and drinks.

Reviewed 9 October 2017

Friendly staff and good beer. I only stayed for one beer and left. Not much else to say except the Harp beer was welcome after along day my bicycle.

Reviewed 1 August 2017

I stopped in for lunch. The bartender was very helpful with recommandations. The pub was attached to and served food from the Lemon Leaf Cafe. I had the salmon sandwich for lunch and it was awesome. It only offered high top seating and most of the seats were at the bar and small tables. I'd definitely go back.

1  Thank Ray B
Reviewed 30 April 2017

Good food, Irish decor, Irish entrees, Irish servers - friendly, warm and welcoming. Reasonable prices, fast service. The portions are generous, you might need to take some of your dinner home. It may not be very fancy, but it has great hours and is open when everyone else is closed in the tiny town, and locals frequent it happily.

Reviewed 7 April 2017

This is the only Irish Pub in Chestertown and Kent County. It's on High Street between downtown and the traffic circle. We used to eat here regularly... for burgers and Guinness and their fried oysters. Then... the cook and wait staff started turning over... and most of the food and service turned downhill, although the beer stayed cold and fresh.

So... for a Friday lunch, I decided on a re-visit with a friend who likes beer. We arrived right at noon and seated ourselves as we were greeted by Jen, who was our server. My friend quickly ordered a Smithwicks, which he had never had and ordered a double water on the rocks as a continued recognition of alcohol awareness month where I'm in abstinence.

Our drinks came as ordered... and we both went for the Caesar salad with fried oysters. After a reasonable time, the salads came. The romaine was fresh, crisp and cold with a nice light dressing and just the right amount of Parm. The oysters were just out of the fryer, but they were battered and the outside was crispy, but the interior was a little gummy. This can be a problem with battered oysters and is why I prefer them fried with just a dusting of flour/corn meal. In any case, it was a couple of steps up from my last visit about five or six years ago.

We left at about 12:45 and the place was about a quarter full. It picks up nicely in the evening for dinner and later when the college crowd comes in. It is a very good bar scene.

Be sure to check the hours as O'C is closed Mon, Tues & sometimes Wed ... and sometimes opens at 5:00. So check your hours when you plan to come. And if it isn't open, then there are other choices near by.