“Uncle Charle’s”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed 30 April 2018 via mobile

Great food at an affordable price. Fairly wide selection. Crab cakes are the finest I have had. Return there frequently.

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

We stopped in here after a long day of running around.

We got the calamari as an appetizer. AMAZING!

Husband ordered the shrimp/grits.

I had the beef tenderloin sandwich.

All of our food was absolutely delicious. Our one and only complaint is that my husbands portion was not large. Hubby felt $23 was a little high for that size platter. He did talk with the owner about it. He was very polite and said we could've asked for larger serving of grits.

Don't let that discourage you though. This place is worth the stop.

Would definitely come back when in this area.

Reviewed 3 March 2018 via mobile

took my husband to Charlie's for Valentines with no reservation. Place was packed but we got a high top anyway. I ordered Ciopino and had to say it was as perfect and flavorful as any I have had anywhere in the world w/muscles and clams very juicy and tender! From appetizers, to bread, to entrees, everything was top notch . Wet back last Tuesday for burger night and although completely different genre of food, again, perfect. My husband raved about the bacon and mushrooms on the burger bar. Very definitely will return with so many different things on the menu yet to explore. Highly recommend!

Chuck M, Owner at Uncle Charlie's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2018

Reviewed 26 February 2018 via mobile

Having read some positive reviews here and on yelp I decided to go back.
The positive was a special oyster fritter; generous and well cooked.
The negatives are;
Disorganized and very slow service.
Server didn’t know what bourbons they had and didn’t seem to care.
Stale and lukewarm bread.
Average,at best, crab cake.
$60 for two glasses of wine, an oyster fritter and a single crab cake dinner.
Chestertown needs better.

1  Thank wineo1946
Chuck M, Owner at Uncle Charlie's Bistro, responded to this reviewResponded 27 February 2018

I normally don't respond to the negative reviews but I have to this time. I have to agree this gentlemen s main course should have come to the table sooner than later, as I realize he had not been served his main course I personally went to the kitchen got his meal and served it myself. As for being disorganized we where very busy that evening but still manage to serve the other 74 customers without a problem.
The bourbon comment is false his server that evening is one of the best in Kent county and knows exactly what bourbons we have as well as all the other liquors we have on our shelf.
I shore hope this gentleman finds what he is looking for in Chestertown.
Chuck

Reviewed 25 February 2018

Very engaging owner, Chuck. Family friendly dining at a good price. Homemade warm bread with roasted garlic-infused olive oil started off the meal perfectly. My seafood Alfredo entree indicated shrimp, lump meat crab and lobster but who expects to see an actual lobster tail nestled in the pasta! All the desserts are made on site, including the Reese's peanut butter cup ice cream. We will be back!

2  Thank Scott L