“Great place to eat!”

Price range: US$7 - US$25
Cuisines: Italian, Seafood
Good for: Child-friendly, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Welcome to Luisa's Cucina Italiana. Our dishes are prepared with locally grown fresh ingredients from St. Brigid's, Cedar Run, Lovett, and Redman Farms. Seafood, vegetables, poultry or meats... You'll find them to be superb! We offer catering for special occasions and private parties, as well as a semi-private dining area for family gatherings, business lunches, or dinners. Gift certificates available. Reservations recommended.
Reviewed 27 April 2018

Staff very helpful
Food delicious
Would highly recommend it to anyone staying in Chestertown!
Hope to return soon!

Reviewed 26 March 2018

I don't post too many reviews on our local restaurants that we go to. I make an exception when something stands out. While we've been here since my last review in 2014, anything reviewed would have been just redundant. But...

... we went here on a Sunday evening after Movie Night at the GAR sponsored by RiverArts. The movie was provocative... and provided lots of story lines for discussion.

We were greeted pleasantly and immediately seated... and Mary Jo appeared instantly to give us the specials and get our drink orders... the house Savignon Blanc for my wife and I had a Chianti. And our fresh hot rolls came soon after and before our drinks. Dipped in olive oil and a sprinkling of parm, I could eat them all day. One of the best rolls in town... or anywhere.

My wife ordered the Shrimp Riviera... simply shrimp in garlic and olive oil tossed in spaghetti... and I had the cheese Tortelinni Emiliana... with broccoli, tomatoes and pepperes(?) tossed in a light cream sauce. The dishes came out steaming. So hot that I almost scorched my mouth on first bite. Both were excellent... with the pastas perfectly al dente. Mine could have passed for a family dish in Bologna, Italy.

Mary Jo was frequently checking on our progress.

Luisa's is very consistent... always very good... and sometimes Excellent like it was last night. In any case, you can't go wrong here... as long as you like Italian food. :-)

1  Thank Hokie67
Reviewed 25 March 2018

I went here for a quick dinner alone based on the reviews on Trip Advisor and the menu online while I was visiting the Chestertown area for a couple of days. I was lured by the wood-fired oven pizzas, but I guess they don't use them on Sunday nights. I arrived late, around 7:45 p.m., and had to wait a few minutes for someone to greet me, though I made eye contact with a young woman in the kitchen right away, it seemed to take a bit for her to let someone know there was a guest waiting to be seated. When the hostess came out, I asked her for a table for one, to which she replied, "do you want a table? or can I put you at the bar?" Um, no, I had asked for a table... My waitress was good, though she didn't seem to understand my question about pizza toppings. I wanted to know if I had to order something pre-described on the menu, or if I could just choose the toppings I wanted. After a moment of confusion, it was cleared up, and my pizza arrived at the table within minutes. And it was good, but not cooked in a wood-fired oven. The really disappointing part came while I was eating. The very strong smell of cleaning products came wafting from the kitchen and overpowered my food. I appreciate that it was late and they wanted to clean up and close up, but I paid $25 for a pizza and a glass of wine, and I had to eat it while smelling bleach or some other strong-smelling cleaning fluid. It was unappetizing to say the least, and I left without finishing my wine and with my pizza in a box. In the future, I would probably only order take-out from here. The atmosphere is not very cozy (hard surfaces, dinged up flatware, bread served with supposed olive oil that had no olive flavor whatsoever).

1  Thank yoginiknitting
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This is the third time that we have eaten at this restaurant. I definitely recommend the fettuccine alfredo. I have had that on two separate occasions! The brick oven pizzas are amazing! I would not order the clams casino again. The service is good. We definitely will be going back!

1  Thank SirOliver08
Reviewed 22 March 2018 via mobile

Had lunch on my own here on a Sunday after church. Experienced a really friendly server who took great care of me. The food was excellent, the atmosphere nice and relaxing and the price was fair. I had a glass of Chianti, fresh bread with olive oil, cream of crab soup and an Italian sandwich baked on nice bread. Everything was outstanding and my server made sure I enjoyed my meal. Will definitely come back here when in the area.