“EXCELLENT! Pricey for the area.”
Review of Prime 225

Prime 225
Description: Fine Dining and up-scale Bar in a Historic Town
Description: Fine Dining and up-scale Bar in a Historic Town
Reviewed 22 July 2018

We were treated recently by our son, daughter-in-law and grand daughter to one of the better meals, if not one of the best meals, we have ever had. Caveat-it's not cheap! That being said, and the fact that wagyu is misspelled on the menu might be the only two things in the negative column. The five of us tried a number of dishes, including: ratatouille, roasted asparagus, baked macaroni and cheese, smashed red potatoes, crazy good pie, and the "225" wedge. Dinner entrees included the prime filet mignon and the crab cakes. No complaints anywhere. Service was excellent. Drinks all around were excellent, in the $10.00-12.00 range. I have had a few individual items elsewhere that were as good or better, but overall, as a package,I don't think you will be disappointed at Prime 225. I read where some reviews were unsatisfactory, but not in my opinion. I guess a bad day is possible anytime, but I would go back again, probably for a "special occasion" that would warrant the expenditure. As I said, it is not inexpensive and in my opinion, in a few cases-20-30% over what one could reasonably expect even in very pricey venues. Ie. New York-"the beach", etc. You get the idea. The 7 oz. filet was $36.00. The Prime N.Y.14 oz. strip @ $56.00. I feel $40.00 to 45.00 would have been plenty. The Japanese 10 oz."Waygu" was priced at $175.00, about twice what it should have been, in my opinion. So, we didn't get that! Just the steaks-no sides. I guess it depends on what you might be used to. Sides ran from $6.00 ( crispy smashed red potatoes) to $9.00 (roasted asparagus). Single crab cake with asparagus @ $26.00. So, you are looking at $ 40.00 to $ 70.00 for dinner-each! Depending. So, I would recommend Prime 225 for special occasions only with maybe a drink and a 'starter" for lunch or "half-price Mondays" at the bar!

Reviewed 16 July 2018 via mobile

My husband took me to Prime225 to celebrate my birthday. Every single morsel was absolutely delicious! The chef always makes a specialty butter to go with their amazing bread. The butter that night was smoked cherry (I think). I started with clams casino. My main course was scallops and lobster with a mouthwatering cream sauce over mashed potatoes and sauteed asparagus and spinach. For dessert I had a warm brownie that was served with buttercream, blackberries, walnuts and some type of fruit compote. Yum! The wine was even delicious and they have a large selection. The service was fantastic! Friendly, professional and attentive. It's pricey; there was a steak on the menu for $175.00, but I think that most entrees were in the $30 - $40 range.
I highly recommend and can't wait to go again!

Reviewed 24 June 2018 via mobile

Enjoyed a wonderful Anniversary Dinner! Everything, Scallops, Crabcakes, Filet Mignon, and all of the sides and dessert are melt in your mouth fabulous. Cocktails were excellent too. Pretty awesome to have such a great restaurant in our area.

Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

One of our new favorite restaurants. We visited several times and have enjoyed each meal. Each dish is inspired with a perfectly blend of flavors. Nicely represented wine list. Staff is friendly and knowledgeable about dishes and trust their recommendations! Cozy comfortable atmosphere. Bar seating available. Don’t miss the baked oysters!

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

When you read all the hype, you're sure to be disappointed, right?? Wrong!! After reading the many excellent reviews, we were skeptical, but our anniversary dinner at Prime225 lived up to it's reputation. First off, our server was Brian, and as other reviews have said, he knows his stuff and obviously enjoys his job. He walked us through the menu very throughly and despite also having been seated with a table of 8, made us feel like we were his only diners for the evening. We were also seen to by a very friendly young man who refilled our waters and made sure we were happy, plus the manager (?) Sorry didn't get his name who was immensely helpful in choosing my wine for dinner...spot on if I must say so myself!
For appetizers, we had the clams casino and ceviche both were excellent. Then for dinner I had a Mexicali shrimp and pasta and my husband the pork chop Milanese (Brian's recommendation), both blew us away and for completely different reasons. All we can say is hurry up and get there to try both for yourself before the menu changes. Wow!
We couldn't leave without dessert, but we were both so full it seemed impossible, thus a piece of key lime pie to go, which we got into just as soon as we got home and so glad we did. The best!
Prime225 is a refreshing change from the waterfront status quo here on the Eastern shore. We will definitely make this our destination restaurant for true quality in dining. Thank you for a memorable evening!