“Superb Seafood and Water View in Historic Setting ”

Bayard House Restaurant
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 31 July 2017 via mobile

The Bayard House, built in the 1780s, is home to an incredibly wonderful restaurant. It's situated near the C&D Canal and provides spectacular views of the bridge, water, boats, and people. One could spend the whole day taking it all in. I thoroughly enjoyed my lunch there in July 2017. I felt like I was stepping back in time as I entered this beautifully restored building. Yet, one glance outside with the speed boats going by brought me to the present. What a lovely combination! The crab bisque was absolutely amazing, as was the calamari. The mixed green salad with green goddess dressing tasted incredible. But, the highlight of the meal was the Maryland rockfish BLT tacos. I could taste each delicious individual ingredient of this unbelievable entree. A yummy slice of 9 layer Smith Island carrot cake topped off my meal. The new chef here is creating some very unique and innovative dishes. I highly recommend the Bayard House to everyone. Peri Rezai MD

2  Thank Guest0412

Reviewed 10 July 2017 via mobile

Wish we had eaten somewhere else in town. Views are great but that is about it. Restaurant could use some updating but the food was the biggest issue.

Reviewed 9 July 2017

Food is good-chef is new and improving menu. A lot of creativity-really liked the shaved octopus. Needs to update and improve the wine list. The view is amazing.

Reviewed 5 July 2017 via mobile

They have a bar right on the water, along with tables if you like to sit down for dinner. Staff was very friendly, highly recommend.

Reviewed 30 June 2017

Ate lunch there with my husband and it was great. We ate 4 small plates and it was perfect. The Brussel Sprout salad was my favorite but the calamari was really good too.
Great view while eating and in the AC on a 92 degree day was great. Waitress was sweet as can be too. Definitely go here to eat.