“Great seafood!!”

Chesapeake Inn Restaurant and Marina
Reserve with OpenTable
Chesapeake Inn Restaurant and Marina is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Price range: US$14 - US$29
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Bohemia Ave
Reviewed 30 August 2014 via mobile

Visited for lunch after being on a boat all morning so had worked up a hearty appetite!! We shared calamari starters which were lovely and had grilled lobster and cheese sandwiches that had come highly recommended!! These did not disappoint!! Washed down with a delicious peach mojito!! Perfect lunch with perfect views :-)

There are newer reviews for Chesapeake Inn Restaurant and Marina

Reviewed 27 August 2014

We had Thanksgiving dinner here for a couple years in a row and have always been pleased. They handle large groups of people with finesse and their buffet dinner is always hot and plentiful and very tasty. I like the different twist they put on some of the traditional dishes. The atmosphere is very cozy. We had a big table for our family and all enjoyed ourselves very much. The lighting was intimate and the scene made us feel very relaxed. The wait staff was efficient. I can't wait to go back!!

Reviewed 26 August 2014

It's big & there are several areas to this place & they're all different. I've eaten & drunk in 3. The tiki bar is fun, but very crowded. Last time we ate on the downstairs patio & listened to a guy playing the guitar...fun. I think my husband had pizza which he liked. then, we moved upstairs. The outdoor part was closed for a wedding, so we sat inside & looked out at the river through large windows (good view). I think we were there at happy hour for drinks, but we got food too & I thought it was very good, and the bartender was great, very accommodating & patient (I tend to ask a lot of questions, a server's nightmare my husband says). It seems like he was there a long time because everybody seemed to know him. Anyway, I found the whole place varied, great view, music, decent food, average prices. I'll go back a third time.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

I don't post negative reviews. I believe word of mouth will take care of that nicely. However, when personal safety becomes an issue, I feel that I do, indeed, have an obligation to say something. We live in the Historic District of Chesapeake City, about five blocks away from the Chesapeake Inn. The food is not good, so we don't go there to eat. We have had drinks at their tiki bar from time to time - always on a weekday and always before 5:30 (Jimmy, the bartender is a great guy). There's a very good reason for this: The Chesapeake Inn attracts a very unsavory crowd. It's the place to be for motorcycle gangs, the inebriated cigarette boat folks, and some rather poorly comported Cecil County locals. Most Monday mornings find our town littered with red Solo cups and broken beer bottles, stinking pools of vomit and mountains of cigarette butts. The Inn could do a lot to clean up their clientele and control the drunks, but it doesn't. Money is, apparently, more important, and I guess they don't care how they make it. Fights and not uncommon at the Inn, but last night saw the granddaddy of them all. The call went out to ALL AVAILABLE PD UNITS to come to the Inn to break up a very large, out-of-control (aren't they all?) fight. Great. Chesapeake City is a very small, quaint historic town. We residents love where we live, and do so much to keep our town a place that is attractive to visitors. So, please visit, but steer very clear of the Chesapeake Inn. The Bayard House has good food and a great outdoor umbrella bar - and it's safe! The Tap Room is fun for crabs, as well.

3  Thank Carol P
Reviewed 17 August 2014

The Chesapeake Inn provides bay/canal side views. The upstairs and inside is fine dining with an extensive wine and mixed drink list, bay favorites, and numerous fresh fish options. After dinner relocate to their dockside/outdoor area for drinks, dancing, and bands well into the night.

1  Thank Matt J