“Cute place for breakfast”
Review of Bohemia Cafe

Bohemia Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed 6 August 2018

Diner type breakfast location. Comfort food. Quaint atmosphere. Cute little town for a nice walk in the afternoon

Reviewed 20 June 2018 via mobile

Hadn’t been here in about a year. Used to be good but it is now an absolutely disgusting place. The tattered green carpeting on the outside steps should have been a warning not to go in - the inside carpeting was even worse. Don’t know why the health department hasn’t shut this place down. Shameful!

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Neat little place, had Bohemia Omelette with Toast Homefries and wife had 2 eggs over Easy w Toast Homefries and Bacon. Entire meal was great and Coffee was good too.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

Went for Sunday breakfast. Not as good as it used to be. Only customers so should have been a clue. Has lost is pizzaz. Eggs okay. Cinnamon bun french toast good but syrup on top too much! Wraps are skimpy. Don't want bag potato chips....

Reviewed 16 November 2017

We had dined here previously and had enjoyed our breakfast, so much so that we would often refer people here. We decided to revisit for breakfast since it had been a while. Upon arrival, we were the only people in the restaurant. We grabbed a seat and our waiter was around pretty quickly to give us menus and take our order.

We ordered a waffle (with strawberries and blueberries) and the 2 eggs platter that came with bacon, toast and home fries. We also got a few cups of coffee. Coffee was brought out rather quickly. Their coffee is really good. It is probably one of the best cups of coffee we have had anywhere! So far, so good!!

Meanwhile, two other couples have arrived and been seated. We waited and waited and waited for our food. The couple across the way got their food and we were still waiting. I noticed that that had basically the same egg platter that I had ordered! All the while, you can see inside the kitchen from the dining room so you can see what is going on in terms of food prep. I watched one prep cook set up our plates with fruit & my toast. I did NOT see the strawberries get washed before being sliced & placed on the plate. I saw them take out a container of blueberries, but they did not make it to the plate. Then the waiter comes back and tells us that they ran out of blueberries & asked IF we wanted to substitute bananas. Guess the ones they had went bad? So, we agreed on the bananas. Meanwhile, the third couple, who appear to be "regulars" AND who had ordered like 10 minutes after us were getting their omelettes delivered to the table. Remember, my toast is sitting back there on a plate on the counter just getting cold and hard.

Finally, our food did make it out of the kitchen. I do NOT know what took so long. I ordered eggs and toast with bacon. It REALLY should NOT take that long! My plate came out and there was NO bacon on it. I inquired about where my bacon was and I was told that it was coming out shortly. Meanwhile, REMEMBER, I can see in the kitchen. I see one of the "chefs" take already cooked bacon out of what I believe was the refirgerator, place it in a microwave and heat it up. That bacon was served to me! REALLY? We don't even serve fresh cooked bacon? Even the 24 hour fast food House that serves waffles out on the interstate cooks bacon to order!!!

Overall, I was VERY disappointed in the quality of the food & service that we received that day. The eggs were OK. Toast was cold and hard. Waffle was tough and chewy. Home fries were bland of spices, yet had too much onion. Bacon was microwaved, although it did not taste terrible...who serves microwaved bacon at a restaurant? Service was terribly slow with others who came in after us, receiving their food first. Shame, shame. Coffee was the only highlight of this visit. I would give the coffee 4 stars, but cold, chewy and microwaved food deserves ZERO stars. Cutting corners in the restaurant business is not something I respect. IF you don't want your customers to know you are cutting corners, then your kitchen should NOT be visible from the dining room! Prices are high for what you get. Doubt we will be back anytime soon.