“Great neighborhood spot”

Cuisines: Deli, Pizza
Dining options: Delivery
Dining options: Delivery
Reviewed 13 October 2017

Wonderful homey atmosphere. My brother took me to this charming Italian deli, grocery, bakery and fast food spot. There are so many entrees and sandwiches to choose from! I had a great eggplant parmagiana , my brother had meatballs. The sandwiches were so huge, we only ate half. I was too full to try one of their wonderful desserts. As a side note, my brother tells me their pizza is delicious.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I have been here many times as I can get good Italian food items from the market area without having to trek into Baltimore. I especially like the cheese selection. I have ordered in the "restaurant" part several times and all the food is freshly made with fresh ingredients. I would recommend both the pizza and subs. For those with a sweet tooth, there are several Italian baked good. The one thing I don't like is that seem to have sweetened the Italian baked goods so they are more for the American pallet than the Italian palate, so I find them a bit too sweet for me as I am used to how my Italian mother made them, so I personally would not recommend most of the desserts except for a couple of the cookie choices. There are only a few tables for seating so I recommend take out unless the weather is nice and you can eat at one of the few outside tables.

Reviewed 16 September 2017

We have known of the existence of Scittino's for 30 years, but had never tried it til this evening. We placed an order of pizza and onion rings for delivery. 45 minutes later, exactly as promised, a friendly delivery person handed us our order. The pizza was substantial, piled high with fresh ingredients -- delicious! The onion rings were thick and the breading was crunchy and flavorful. We will certainly order again, not only pizza, but probably the lovely salads on the menu as well!

Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

We saw reviews and decided to try this place. We ordered a couple of their house specialities, The Sicilian Sandwich, an Italian Cold Cut Sub as well as a Meatball Parmigiana Sub for our father. The bread for the subs and sandwich ( Ciabatta bread for sandwich) was very good. The portions of meat on the subs and sandwich was generous and reasonably priced. We ordered at the counter and waited about 15 minutes for our order. We arrived about 12:30 pm on a Tuesday and there was plenty of parking available nearby and no line. There are a 3 or 4 tables inside of this grocery and only two was being occupied. We are looking forward to trying more or their specialities in the future. We would recommend this establishment.

Reviewed 21 August 2017

Brilliant! From the wonderful, warm friendly service to the fantastic food, Scittino's is absolutely wonderful.

The Deli makes the most incredible sandwiches - thick and juicy and stuffed with delicious ingredients! The Italian Cold Cut sub is made with real Italian - mortadella, salami, cheeses - I dare you to eat the whole thing! Their Ruebens and Rachels drip down your fingers - chin - elbows! They're real 6 napkins sandwiches. The bread - I have to talk about the bread! REAL - the subrolls are crusty and chewy - ready to soak up the juicies! The rye toast is thick and crunchie - yet soft on the inside - beautifully buttered and toasted on the grill! The chicken wings - are THE BEST in the area! They are ENORMOUS! I wouldn't want to run into the chicken they came from! Yet - they're served screaming hot - crispy with the perfect buffalo sauce! And don't forget the friend chicken! The pieces you want perfectly breaded - juicy and crispy! Served with fries and slaw! - a perfect meal. Or actually 2 meals! Plenty to take home!

And now the pizza! PERFECT! The proportions of crust to sauce to cheese to meat is perfection! The crust so thin and light! The sauce is their homemade marinara and the meats are the best quality available. The absolute best pizza we've ever eaten.

The butcher shop is classic - old world charm! Like everything else at Scittinios it focuses on customer service. The co-owner, Sal, and son Lenny and the rest of the guys are ready to help you out! The quality of the food is unsurpassed! The prices are crazy reasonable - in many cases better than the local supermarkets. You can't beat it! There's nothing like a Scittinos Prime Rib for Christmas dinner! Nothing better!

Thank you all our Scittino Friends! See you later this week!

Barb and Bob