“Good seafood but pricey”
Review of Jerry's Seafood

Jerry's Seafood
Ranked #1 of 128 Restaurants in Bowie
Price range: US$18 - US$38
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: For more than 30 years, Jerry's Seafood has been serving the Washington D.C. area with it's famous crab bomb, crab cakes, fresh fish, homemade soups and other gourmet seafood delights. Jerry's has 1 location in Bowie, Maryland.
Reviewed 25 February 2018 via mobile

Met family for lunch here as it was a central meeting place. Only dinner menu served on weekends which makes for an expensive lunch. Crab cakes and crab “bomb” were very good but so much more expensive than other crab cakes I’ve had that were equally as good. Don’t bother with the stuffed shrimp-you only get 3 shrimp of average size.

Reviewed 4 February 2018

CALLING ALL CRAB CAKE LOVERS! If you love jumbo lump crab and crab cake with zero filler, Jerry’s is the restaurant for you!

My parents and I dined here for my dad’s birthday. We around around 4:45pm on a Saturday. The restaurant was packed. We were told there was a 25 minute wait - no big deal. The wait is usually an 1-1.5 hours. The hostess asks for a cell phone number to text us when our table was ready. They initially send you a text with your estimated wait time and a link to a waitlist where you can see where you are on the list. The waitlist also shows you the other parties that are waiting (just by the first letter of the name you give them - doesn’t show the full name), how many people are in the party, and how long they’ve been waiting. We only waited 8 minutes for a table. We were seated towards the back of the restaurant on the right hand side, right in front of the kitchen entrance.

Renee B was our server. She came over immediately, took our drink order, and gave us bread and butter. The bread rolls were huge. They were fresh and piping hot.

We started out of the Fresh Crab Dip appetizer (jumbo lump crab, chives, Old Bay) with sliced baguettes. It was everything a crab dip should be: hot, creamy, and full of lump crab. Our server told us the dip was cream cheese, a little bit of may, old bay, and cream of mushroom mixed together. To say the dip was delicious would be an understatement. The baguettes were toasted perfectly. Sometimes when you order dips at restaurants, the bread is hard as a brick and cuts up your mouth. No ma’am, not here! The crust was firm and crunchy, and the middle was soft.

My mom ordered the Baby Bomb Crab Cake (6 ounces) with a baked potato and house salad with bleu cheese for her two sides. She enjoyed the baby bomb. It was delicious. The potato was hot and she had plenty of butter and sour cream. She also enjoyed her salad. The greens were fresh. The salads are quite filling!

My dad ordered the Crab Bomb (10 ounces) with lightly seasoned wedge cut fries and a house salad as his two sides. He loved every bite! He could only eat half because it was so huge. The bomb was all jumbo lump crab, no filler; exactly what a crab cake should be! He loved the fries and his salad.

I ordered the Fresh Scallops (pan seared in garlic butter) with lightly seasoned wedge cut fries and a house salad with bleu cheese as my two sides. I had 12 scallops to an order and they were decent sized. The scallops could have been a bit hotter. I couldn’t really taste the garlic butter it was seared in. The scallops were cooked perfectly. The fries were hot and crispy. I loved the homemade bleu cheese dressing for the salad. It was pretty much huge chunks of bleu cheese. The greens in the salad were fresh, as were the cucumbers, cherry tomatoes, and carrots.

Our server, Renee B, was great! She was friendly and attentive and always checked in with us. We never went without refills and made sure we had everything we need.

Overall, we’d definitely return! Great food and great service.

Reviewed 24 January 2018

I went there twice for a company lunch, the food look so bad I don't even eat and the company was paying for it. Bad enough to passed up a free lunch when my company is paying for it. The place look dingy and outdated. I've never seen a Seafood Restaurant that doesn't served Lobster & fish, they only served crab, there so-called Crab Bomb, and shrimp. A real seafood restaurant serves everything seafood. Don't waste your money.

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Seafood that really tastes like seafood is always a treat. This seafood has that ocean flavor with just the right amount of seasoning (not overdone). There is always room for more.

Reviewed 27 December 2017 via mobile

Parents were in town for a visit and we were in Bowie and I wanted to get them some Maryland crab and this piece had great reviews so we checked it out. They got a seafood platter that they liked a lot, but they absolutely loved the crab cakes ( I'm allergic so unfortunately can offer no opinion ) . So would definitely recommend those over anything else, they liked the other items but definitely wished they had gone all crab cakes or bombs. I had a pretty good grilled salmon and they were very careful and courteous as I told them I had a shellfish allergy. Staff was extremely friendly as well.

Been to Jerry's Seafood? Share your experiences!