“Many speciality items, missing some basics”
Review of Balducci's

Balducci's
Ranked #96 of 390 Restaurants in Bethesda
Reviewed 14 August 2017

The one thing our area is missing is one-stop shopping for groceries and household items, and while Balducci's does not fill that gap, they do offer many high end items that are unavailable elsewhere including a range of caviar and high end cheeses, homemade mayonnaise, and specialty meats. They also have fresh salty and unsalted lox that you can buy by the pound, the best bagels outside of a bagel shop, and a rotating selection of gourmet chocolates that are always fun to peruse. They also offer a variety of fresh and dried pastas that can't be found at other groceries. The fruit is typically more hit or miss, and you can't stock up on basics such as paper towels, but we typically shop at this store at least once a week.

Reviewed 29 May 2017 via mobile

You are overwhelmed by the quantities of good food available. From desserts, vegetables and pre cooked dishes. Hard to resist

Reviewed 8 May 2017

A buddy of mine raved about this place for their custom made, take-out sandwiches for lunch. I usually shy away from this place because it just seems like an overpriced "Gourmet" grocery store. Finally I checked it out for myself. Ordered a Turkey, Bacon & Swiss on Multigrain Bread. BIG, Delicious, filling and affordably priced. Friendly, fun staff too.

Reviewed 25 February 2017

As other people here have noted, Balducci's is very expensive. I would never buy all my groceries there, because they are over-priced. I shop here for high quality meats and sometimes fish. The butchers will cut just how much you need for your dinners (even though they showcase larger cuts, you can order just what you need.) I also have them shave Norwegian salmon to put on bagels -- order just how much you need, as you watch him/her cut it.
I have a complaint regarding escargot, which they have shorted me 3 times now. This treat comes in one dozen shells each serving. However the last couple of times they shorted us one each. The clerk would not replace it or give me a refund. Perhaps we should have gone to a manager, to take care of this.
I also have been noticing that their floors are not as clean as they should be, and the rest room has really chintzy paper. I expect better. (this is a food store so some of TA's references to "restaurants" aren't relevant), Although they do offer sandwiches and have tables to sit down.

Reviewed 10 February 2017

Go to the deli counter and order from the panini selection; or, turn around and look at the sandwich choices in the refrigerated case. Yummy and not too expensive