“A pleasant non challenging Indian restaurant.”
Review of Tandoori Nights

Tandoori Nights
Ranked #42 of 390 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 2 October 2018

If an Indian Restaurant had training wheels it would be tandoori nights. That is not a criticism. This is the kind of place you take a person who wants to try indian food but it a little hesitant. I love it.

Reviewed 23 September 2018

I rated Tandoori Nights as a 3, but my wife would give it a 4. There are things to like, especially the service. The menu has a few things not normally seen on an Indian menu, but most is standard fare. A tandoori chicken was dry in some parts. Salmon was pretty good, but we've had better. Other things were good or a bit better. Overall, I ended up at 3, average for an Indian restaurant at this price level. I'd come back here, but I'm in no rush to do so. The prices are okay, but it is Bethesda so you have to expect to pay a bit more.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

This is definitely your average Indian restaurant. Tandoori dishes were the best. Service was great.

Reviewed 25 July 2018 via mobile

This restaurant seems to be crowded whenever we walked by it, so thought we'd give it a try. Most Indian restaurants around here are decent but not this one.

At lunch, they have an all-you-can-eat buffet. For starters, there was a small section for the salad and dips. The papadum was the worst version I've ever had. I would describe it as limp. The crunch was all gone out of it. The dips were tasteless almost. The salad greens were also limp. The food were leftovers?

The entrees consisting of curry goat, butter chicken, palak chaat, tandoori chicken, etc were typical versions but nothing special. Everything was lukewarm; nothing was hot.

Service was terrible. Twice a server came to take my unfinished plate away and I had to shoo her off. Then, I couldn't flag someone to take my payment after she presented the check and dashed off immediately. Finally, paid at the front desk.

There are many fine examples of Indian restaurants in the area.
Skip this one.

Reviewed 19 July 2018 via mobile

Visiting from out of town and enjoyed a great dinner recommended by our local family.

Ordered lamb chops, palak paneer, goat curry and chicken makhani.

Everything was tasty and cooked to perfection.