“Can't beat this!”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #75 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/plaza-azteca-bethesda Other folks have plenty of reviews for this lovely little restaurant
Reviewed 11 October 2017

We have been here many times and have always enjoyed it very much. The food is delicious, the service is excellent and the prices are fair.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

We ate here with friends and the food is great. Very authentic Mexican. Nice variety to choose from. I had the carne asada which was great. The talapia dish that my husband had was excellent.

Reviewed 26 July 2017

We spent a week at the Bolger Hotel/Conference Center while attending the CCE MAD Week Irish Festival in Bethesda and ate at different restaurants in the area every night. This was our favorite.

It is in an unlikely location - behind Home Depot in a little strip shopping center at the north edge of the Montgomery Mall complex. There is a Cadillac dealer nearby and a Five Guys in the same area. In fact, we noticed it on the way to Five Guys and decided to come back and try it. Good decision.

It is surprisingly nice inside. Table cloths, cloth napkins, nice bar area, choice of tables or booths - a step above the usual Mexican Restaurant in the area. Best of all - NO MUSIC! - it was actually quiet - very rare (the owner did say they do sometimes play quiet background music but lucky for us - none that day). I can't emphasize how nice it is to find a restaurant with good food, reasonable prices and quiet. Just about impossible.

We both had chicken enchiladas and they were among the best I have had. I grew up on 60's Tex-Mex enchiladas in Larry Pico's Spanish Village in Houston, Texas. They are my gold standard. These were very close. To me, best in the D.C. area.

If this place were closer to home, I would be there once a week! It is worthwhile going out of your way to try the enchiladas.

Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went there yesterday. Sets behind Home Depot across from Montgomery Mall. Service was very good. We were seated immediately and waited on promptly. I ordered the Trio Frijitas which included chicken, beef and shrimp along with the usual beans, guacomole and salsa. It was very good. It came with 3 tortillas, my wife and I shared this. If you are a big eater you would likely eat this yourself. I would go back there again. Parking is abundant. Great for families

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Plaza Azteca, We have had several lunches and a few dinners at this restaurant located alongside of Montgomery Mall and behind Home Depot. We enjoy the high quality food, great service, easy parking, and the bright sunny spotless room. My wife and I like the traditional Mexican dishes especially beef fajitas that arrive at our table steaming hot. However, this restaurant ventures successfully beyond the traditional. For example, I recommend the trio avocado salad with beef, chicken, and shrimp. Two people likely should order one appetizer and split an entree because they are generous.