“Pleasant atmosphere”
Review of Plaza Azteca

Plaza Azteca
Ranked #75 of 373 Restaurants in Bethesda
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: http://www.yelp.com/biz/plaza-azteca-bethesda Other folks have plenty of reviews for this lovely little restaurant
Reviewed 12 June 2017 via mobile

Went there yesterday. Sets behind Home Depot across from Montgomery Mall. Service was very good. We were seated immediately and waited on promptly. I ordered the Trio Frijitas which included chicken, beef and shrimp along with the usual beans, guacomole and salsa. It was very good. It came with 3 tortillas, my wife and I shared this. If you are a big eater you would likely eat this yourself. I would go back there again. Parking is abundant. Great for families

Reviewed 26 March 2017

Plaza Azteca, We have had several lunches and a few dinners at this restaurant located alongside of Montgomery Mall and behind Home Depot. We enjoy the high quality food, great service, easy parking, and the bright sunny spotless room. My wife and I like the traditional Mexican dishes especially beef fajitas that arrive at our table steaming hot. However, this restaurant ventures successfully beyond the traditional. For example, I recommend the trio avocado salad with beef, chicken, and shrimp. Two people likely should order one appetizer and split an entree because they are generous.

Reviewed 26 February 2017

We received great service at this small restaurant. The food was not particularly remarkable, but the portions were abundant. We haven't been back, but we also haven't found a more inspired Mexican restaurant in the area. We keep looking....

Reviewed 8 December 2016

A big drop-off in quality since our previous visit over a year ago. Ceviche was still good, but the seafood saltado was fishy as well as without any personality, and the service was disinterested to the point of being abrupt.

Reviewed 28 September 2016

This Tex-Mex restaurant is tucked into a little strip mall, behind a Home Depot, across the street from the huge Westfield Montgomery Mall. It is actually in West Bethesda, close to Potomac. Because Plaza Azteca tends to serve large groups, and it's just me, I order my meals carry-out. The service and food are just as good if you do this, but if you like a dramatic flair you might want to eat in and have sizzling platters brought to you. The staff is very friendly, the place is neat and clean, and the food is outstanding. My favorite entree is the Camarones al Cancun, 1/2 pound of jumbo butterflied shrimp cooked in a Mexican butter sauce with tomatoes, peppers & onions. Also included are 3 small tortillas and fajita fixings: sour cream, guacamole& pico de gallo, along with black beans & rice. My only suggestion would be to serve more or larger tortillas to more easily fit the food onto. The combos such as the Tijuana Platter are also excellent. The food is fresh, top quality, and I've never gotten a dish that was over or under-cooked. I've seen a few complaints about the prices, but this is not fast food and the portions are generous. Recommended!