“Nyama Choma”

Price range: US$0 - US$20
Cuisines: African
Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Swahili Village Bar and Grill's Fine Kenyan Cuisine captures the essence of three distant lands: India, Arabia, and Persia. Venture in and be transported to a city in Kenya. Karibu. We serve nyama choma, tilapia, samosas, imported beer, and beverages. A bold, well balanced blend of herbs and seasoning gives this indigenous East African food a unique taste reminiscent of great Asian, Mediterranean, Arabic and Ethioian empires of the past. Enjoy the friendly ambience in African dining in the sole Kenyan Cuisine restaurant conveniently located in Beltsville near Washington DC.
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

Classy, comfortable and affordable, Swahili Village offers a great selection of African dishes in the DMV area. One of my favorite go-to restaurants in the area.

Reviewed 15 May 2018 via mobile

This was my third visit to Swahili Village, but first for just appetizers and drinks. On a Saturday night, pleasantly surprised that we found a high table by the bar easily, and despite other reviews about notoriously slow service, a waitress popped by within a few minutes. Not right away, but still...

Drinks were promptly prepared, had something spicy which was quite good. Appetizers were also delicious, we chose the sausages and lamb??, very good, especially with the traditional hot pepper.

Very funky atmosphere and a mixed crowd of families dining, singles getting their happy hour on, and every thing in between. Ample parking since it’s located in a shopping plaza.

Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

Our family had a wonderful lunch. My Chia The was amazing, I added a touch of sugar because I like it super sweet. We started with samosas. I could have eaten a dozen. They were absolutely delicious!! Then We had KuKu Curry it was perfection! Our waiter was so nice. Our drinks were always full and he was so courteous! This is a must visit restaurant. Order extra samosas to take home. Thank you!

Reviewed 30 April 2018

Great food but the music was way too loud on a Sunday evening. It sounded more like a club and not a restaurant. I hesitate going back again - especially with young ones - there were a few families that brought their babies in there - i think the loud music was not healthy for them.

Reviewed 27 April 2018

in my own opinion think the food is over rated. love the wings. well seasoned and spiced. the prices are very high too. need to cut down own the price. customer service should improve as well.