“Excellent sushi”

Fuji sushi
Ranked #12 of 172 Restaurants in Bel Air
Cuisines: Sushi
Reviewed 18 August 2018

We eat at Fuji Sushi several times a month. The sushi is always fresh, tasty, and well prepared The hibachi dinners are also excellent. The staff is friendly and food comes out quickly. We have tried every sushi place in the area, Fuji is by far the best.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

This place is just fantastic. Food and service at a very high level. The shrimps dishes are delicious and the sushi one of the best we have ever tried

Reviewed 23 July 2018

My wife and I went to Fugi Sushi for a late lunch this Sunday. They had only been open about 40 minutes and there was already about 10 or 12 people there. We were greeted warmly and seated immediately. They have a limited beer selection but no worries, I tried a Japanese beer which was okay but my tastes tend to run on the darker, bolder side. My wife got the butterfly Shrimp and I ordered a Sushi sampler for appetizers. For the main course she got the Teriyaki Beef with broccoli and I ordered a tuna roll. My wife’s shrimp came in a reasonably short time along with a small salad and soup. I assumed the Sushi took longer to prepare. About 15 minutes and our main course arrived and I asked where the Sushi sampler was and I was told they forgot to order it. Again, no worries, I had shared my wife’s salad, shrimp and soup so I was fine. Plus the food was now here so I just said to forget it. one bite of my tuna roll convinced me that the great reviews I read about this place were warranted. It was delicious. And my wife said her beef was very good which I tasted and agreed. Everyone was very nice and helpful and the food was very good. We will definitely be returning to try another dish and maybe I’ll get the Sushi sampler order next time.

Reviewed 22 July 2018

I really like sushi and most of the Japanese cuisine I consume is in fact sushi and/or sashimi, but every once in a while I like to have a bit of traditional Japanese cooking that does not involve sushi/sashimi. I grew up eating teriyaki, tempura, shabu shabu and a few other things often enough to know that what I wanted to eat sometimes did not involve sushi elements. I have eaten at Fuji Sushi before, but it was always sushi because the people I went with wanted it, so we just got sushi and shared several different configurations of it, but this time on a recent outing I decided what I wanted was something Japanese but definitely not sushi. Don't get me wrong -- the sushi at Fuji Sushi is quite good; it's just that this time I knew I wanted something else. Oddly enough, the entrees seemed to only list shrimp tempura (with vegetables) in the lunch menu, but since this turned out to be what I decided I definitely wanted to try, I asked the waiter if they had a corresponding tempura dinner item. He assured me that for about twice the cost of the lunch menu's tempura offering, we could get a dinner version that included a simple but delicious salad and miso soup as well as about twice the tempura as in the lunch version. This sounded like what I wanted, and my wife ordered the same thing. The wait wasn't very long as we dined on the soup and salad, and the tempura shrimp and vegetables arrived very attractively arrayed on a giant white platter. The tempura vegetables included two large slices each of zucchini, sweet potato, and a non-identifiable item and one each of a large onion ring and huge piece of broccoli. There were six large shrimp, each about 7 inches long and cigar-shaped, and everything was deliciously deep-fried in a light and very crispy panko-style batter. There was so much there that I decided to save approximately half of the dinner to eat for the next day's lunch. The restaurant's ambience was quite nice and almost reminiscent of some small restaurants I've been to in Japan, but it was a bit noisier than I had remembered it being in the past. Our waiter was a friendly, very amiable chap who kept us informed as to the progression of our meal and provided us with extra napkins, kept our water glasses filled, and brought us all manner of apparatus to take our dinner home, with its sauces and variously shaped components. In sum, this turned out to be a very pleasant and tasty evening out that I would like to try again soon, maybe even for sushi!

Reviewed 19 June 2018 via mobile

I come here once a year what in the area for an annual conference. We've been with from 15 people to 4. Service is always attentive. The menu can meet the needs of sushi eaters non Sushi eaters vegetarians or meat eaters. This was a family with friends. Very eclectic group. Food yielded no complaints concerns at all. I especially liked the salmon skin hand roll. I selected the Chirashi dinner. The seaweed salad and soup was delicious. With 6 of us and three not eating sushi, we ate a fairly large range from the menu. Universal consent: excellent restaurant.

Been to Fuji sushi? Share your experiences!