“Amazing dinner for a special occasion”
Review of Pairings Bistro

Pairings Bistro
Reserve with OpenTable
Pairings Bistro is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 172 Restaurants in Bel Air
Price range: US$30 - US$70
Good for: Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: RT 924
Reviewed 17 September 2018

My husband and I went to Pairings for our anniversary. We had a wonderful dinner! We each did a 4 course meal, him with the wine pairing, me with just a glass. The menu had recently changed and the choices were great for fall. My meal included the butternut squash soup, golden beet salad, pork chop, and flourless chocolate cake. My husband got the heirloom tomato, grilled Caesar salad, market fish and cookie bomb pie. Everything was delicious! The service was great and they even wrote happy anniversary on my husband dessert plate and brought us a champagne toast. It really made the night extra special! Highly recommend!!!

Reviewed 10 August 2018

The service was great. The food was very good. The atmosphere was nice. We enjoyed Open Mic Night. Drinks and food is expensive so this has to be a special occasion for me to go back.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately, despite the creative menu, we found the food disappointing. Oh it was good. But it wasn't executed as well as it could and should have been.

The bruschetta with squash sounded intriguing. But it was fairly tasteless and the texture didn't feel pleasing. Definitely not worth the high price.

The main meals were good and had flavor. But we were looking for something more subtle and fresh. Instead, the flavor came from heavy sauces. The French and Belgians wow you with the subtlety of pairing fresh ingredients, with light sauces that complement the meal.

But this felt too much like a normal American meal--just throw barbecue sauce in the grits or a heavy sauce on the steak to make it pop.

So yes, it was good. The waitress was sweet. The wines were good. But it wasn't that special and certainly didn't justify the high prices.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

I was with a party of 8. The service was exceptional - prompt & professional. I decided to have the crab bisque and shrimp and grits. Both were delicious and I really enjoyed them. The crème brulee was overdone and was...tough? The taste was fine but the texture was off, so I scraped off all of the caramelized sugar and that's what I had for dessert.

Reviewed 8 June 2018 via mobile

We joined friends for a dinner and wine. The girls ordered the New York strip for $42. Both asked for medium rare. After a long wait they came out very well done and inedible. They replaced them but we had our meals. This is not the first time we had this.

Last time we had to be moved because there was a group so noisy that guess complained.

I think it isn’t nice place but for the money I expect a little more.

1  Thank lovetotravelaug11

Been to Pairings Bistro? Share your experiences!