“Specialty burger & pizza place”
Review of Humagalas

Humagalas
Ranked #67 of 171 Restaurants in Bel Air
Reviewed 11 October 2017

Unique experience. You get to build your own burger, much like you can do elsewhere, but this restaurant probably has a more lengthy (and ingenious) choice of toppings. Although, watch out, or you'll be eating a $20.00 burger. They also offer a selection of type of burger meat (my medium rare Kobe-like meat, was perfect), as well as a choice of roll, and how you'd like your homemade fries, seasoned. Very cool idea. I chose Sea Salt, and even for me (confirmed salt-a-holic), they were a little too salty. I tasted a co-diner's pizza, which I thought to be dry. Their homemade ice cream was fair. Our server was awesome and the wait for food, a bit long, especially since they were not busy. Not sure this one will last in Bel Air, since there are many places to get great burgers and pizza, but I like it.

1  Thank joeysgirl417

Reviewed 4 October 2017

Humagalas is a fun place to eat. The fresh pizza's are excellent. The wide selection of burgers and custom burgers is fantastic. And they have a great selection of milk shakes that are delicious.

I do not see this place as just another burger joint because you have far more selections than any burger joint in town or even in Maryland. Our meal was fantastic and the services was great. I will be heading back there soon!

Reviewed 16 September 2017

I'm not sure how anyone could give this place more than 1 star. We had a terrible experience there tonight and will never return. It took several minutes for a server to come to our table and even longer for our non-alcoholic drinks to arrive. The kids' pizza and mac n cheese were gross, the water tasted metallic (although the beer tasted good!), I ordered a build-your-own burger and they brought it out with the correct toppings but wrong bread and mostly pink inside when I ordered it slightly pink.

The server took it right back and said she still had my ticket in the back. When it came back out, it was completely wrong and not even my ticket - though whoever's ticket it was did have my same name. I asked her to just take it off the check.

We asked to speak to a manager and were told he was in the kitchen on the line. He never came out and after twenty minutes of waiting we said forget it and asked for the check. Our kids were still hungry since their food was not tasty and we had now spent over 2 hours there and I hadn't been able to eat my main dish.

According to our server, they are under new management and the old management was much better. The party at the table next to us left, and an hour later that table still had not been bussed. I put our own used cups and dishes on that table, since no one ever came to clean ours. Our server also had too many tables for one person to give quality service to.

If the recent coupon that they mailed out gets you thinking that you should try it, don't make the same mistake we did! Go elsewhere and enjoy your meal. There's no way this place will last much longer, so don't even bother.

Reviewed 15 September 2017 via mobile

What can I say, it is a burger joint in a strip mall. Was somewhat disappointed because my burger was not cooked to my liking and the roll was hard. However, don't let this deter you because on Friday nights the place appears crowded.

Reviewed 30 August 2017

My husband and I had lunch at Humagalas. The specials were very good and reasonable in price. We split a cheeseburger with fries and a pizza. We also split a milkshake made with their homemade ice cream. The burger was excellent with a house made bun. The fries were also very good. I thought the pizza was a little undercooked and would have been perfect if left in the oven for a few more minutes.
The service was friendly and attentive. A nice comfortable place with very good food.

Been to Humagalas? Share your experiences!