1,408 results
All reviews waffles chinese restaurant queen suite pool and hot tub the breakfast area free breakfast hard boiled eggs rite aid fresh baked cookies staff was very friendly and helpful kittery outlets convenient location front desk staff comfortable beds nice room we've stayed southern maine
Reviewed 19 December 2016

Everything was great except I was surprised and disappointed to find that my room did not have a refrigerator. I travel on business and bring food with me to cut costs. I count on a fridge and have had one in every room I've stayed in, including very inexpensive motels.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 December 2016

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 16 December 2016

I did a two night groupon retreat here in December, a personal retreat, and found it adequate, but nothing special. The place is without style - my room with wood floors, white walls, white blankets without bedspreads on the beds resembled a hospital room, but was clean and comfortable apart from the incredibly noisy heating system which kept waking me up. I had asked for a third floor room near the end of the hallway - location was fine.

The hallways and lobby had atrocious amateur art on the walls, and the hallway carpet was really loud and tacky. This place needs an interior decorator!

Initially I was disappointed to learn that there wasn't a restaurant on the premises, nor even a guide to local restaurants; I was really doing a hideaway, planning to swim a lot (which would mean having long wet hair much of the time) and not wishing to go out in 11 degree weather for lunch and dinner. But I ended up stocking up the in-room refrigerator (there's also a microwave) and eating out only once --- there is at least a decent Chinese restaurant only about 30 steps away.

Breakfast was provided and was decent though somewhat fattening - a choice of waffles with syrup, muffins, bagels, hard-boiled eggs and oranges.

Probably the best part of my stay was the swimming pool which was actually relatively warm, and the jacuzzi. Often hotel swimming pools are a bit too cold for me (I come from S. Florida originally) or the air in the pool area is too cool, but the pool area here was almost steamy and the water a perfect temperature. Knowing that I'd be swimming at least twice a day, I booked myself during the week and the week before school vacation hoping to avoid times in which the pool would be full of children. Local children, I learned, use the pool and splash around from about 3:15-4:45 or so on weekdays, so any adults staying here who want to swim might want to avoid those times.

Room Tip: 3rd floor away from the lobby is quietest. Make sure you can tolerate the loud heating system before unpacking.
  • Stayed: December 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2016

This is not my kind of place for these reasons: because of an issue hotels.com it was a 50 minute check-in process,
only flouresecent wall lights - I don't like that lighting at all - it's uncomfortable for me
room temp set for 60 when I arrived in the room it was COLD
no comfortable chair in the room to just sit and relax
STRONG chemical smell - cleaning fluid - throughout. very unpleasant. I can't imagine why they don't do a few things to make it seem a little less like a hospital. It was clean and the bed was comfortable. People were nice. Good location. I could hear the people above walking around.

Room Tip: felt more like a hospital than a hotel.
Stayed: October 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank 329jennifer
Reviewed 13 December 2016

Appearance is a little bare bones but rooms are clean, beds are extremely comfortable, service was very efficient and pleasant.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled with friends