“Too Bad.”

Ranked #6 of 33 Restaurants in Wiscasset
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Under new ownership. We are open 7 days a week from 5am-2pm. Breakfast served all day. All meals are home made and large portions served.
Reviewed 16 September 2012

We tried to stop in this morning. My husband had pancakes on his mind and I was pining for an omelette. Closed. It's been a couple of years since we were in the Wiscasset area for breakfast, but we've always enjoyed this modest little place. As proud supporters of independent restaurants we felt more than just a little guilty when we spent our hard earned dollars at Dunkin Donuts. Hope the Miss makes a come back soon.

Date of visit: September 2012
712Kat, Owner at Miss Wiscasset Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 5 December 2012

Sorry the Diner was closed. We are the new owners and we are open 7 days a week with breakfast served all day. Stop in and see us if you are in the area again.

Reviewed 15 September 2012

This constantly changing dive is once again closed! The competition from the Marketplace Cafe just up the street makes the success of this location an impossibility, someone please prove me wrong

Date of visit: August 2012
712Kat, Owner at Miss Wiscasset Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

We are the new owners and we have been working hard to make the Diner what it once used to be. Please stop by sometime and check the place out and a new menu with home cooked meals.

Reviewed 27 August 2012

Horrible isn't even the word for this place. Nasty, dirty and shameful come to mind, but those don't touch it either. I knew when I saw the dead flowers in the flower box outside we shouldn't eat there, but we were hungry and the place was full of people and there was a sign that said "recommended by tripadvisor.com". Angry people that was and I couldn't figure out why until my coffee came and it was so bad you couldn't fix it with enough sugar, the water came in a lipstick stained glass, but the worse was when I bit into my sauage gravy and the sauage was stone cold!! Of course they threw it in the mircrowave, but I refused to eat anymore. When I went to use the restroom before I left there were cobwebs all over. I thought if the bathroom looks this way how does the kitched look? 30 minutes, I was sicker than a dog! Nice way to spend my vacation.

Date of visit: August 2012
1  Thank DaniG1226

Sorry you had such a bad experience at the Diner. We are the new owners and have been working very hard to turn it around. I can assure you that if you came back you would see a complete different place. No glasses with lipstick on them here and no dead flowers.

Reviewed 29 July 2012 via mobile

Do not squander your time or money in this nasty joint! This ranks as one of the worst places I've ever been...and I've been a lot of places!
Drinks?
Diet coke...we're out of that.
Orange juice....we're out of that.
Water??? Sure...coming right up in a dirty glass.
So, 30 minutes after ordering and being told that it was going to be a while (longer) because they ran out of pancake batter and had to make more, (doesn't that take all of 30 seconds?) the only two things I tasted off my plate were the cold, unsalted home fries with orange grease coating, and the unsalted scrambled eggs. I wasn't going to attempt the undercooked, limp bacon or BURNT pancakes at that point!!
We should have left when the people beside us complained and left.(without getting their food)
We should have left when the people behind us complained and left. (without getting their food)
We should have left when the girl cooking in the back came and leaned against the door frame at the dining area and gnawed a bunch of bacon out of her fist.
We DID leave when our waitress went by and ate a piece of bacon out of the other girl's mouth as she went by.
This place had a trip advisor sticker on the door!!
Every restaurant we visited in Maine was great. Too bad we stopped here on our way out and ruined that streak.

2  Thank SamfromSC
712Kat, Owner at Miss Wiscasset Diner, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2012

Sorry you had such a bad experience. We are the new owners of the Diner and we are trying hard to turn it around. Please come and see the new place if your ever in the area. Everything is home made and I can assure you that you will have agood meal with good service.

Reviewed 22 April 2012

Good stop for a simple breakfast. Nothing fancy but good value. Been in and out of business a few time recently. Noticed they discontinued the bakery goods in the case at entry. May not be a good sign--we will continue to patronize and hope for the best.

Date of visit: April 2012