“Good, but lots of room for improvement.” 2 of 5 bubbles

Cuisines: American, Bar, Pub
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Windham, Maine
“Good, but lots of room for improvement.”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 May 2011

It was a really quiet night, so the service was attentive and quick. The chili was okay, but should be hot enough to melt the cheese...or they should melt the cheese before serving. The chili was barely warm. I got the steak tips, they were cooked to my liking but there were only four little pieces. I would expect much more....and they were swimming in oil or grease along with the veggies that come with it. I requested gravy to go with my mashed potatoes and I got a little cup of it, but it was cold and just a pile of gel. That is kind of sad. Potatoes were very good. For the prices they charge the food should be top notch, not soaked in grease and should be a decent serving. When they first moved to the new location they were on the ball...food was hot and excellent, small portions but I could deal with that if the food was good. Sad to see it go down hill like this.

• Visited May 2011
2 Thank MRANDMRSBURRITO

Raymond, Maine
“Stay Away - Crazy in the Kitchen 4/14/11”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 April 2011

My fiance and I were dining at Thatcher's in Windham yesterday and were horrified at our experience. During our meal, we heard a commotion in the back and a man's voice yelling at someone with obsenities, including telling them to do something to themselves. While we were eating!!! I will never be back and I will tell everyone I know.

• Visited April 2011
2 Thank JB6712
Gray, Maine
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“My 4 year olds Fav. place to eat”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2010

I have been bringing my daughter their for the last 2 years and she loves it. She has her fav. waitresses and food. She has to have the motz. cheese basket every time. Me personally; I feel the waitress needs to learn to do her job better. There is a male waiter who is great and 2 other female waitresses who do okay. The food is better then great the biggest part of the time....

• 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pudykty
Windham, Maine
“Horrible service, excellent food”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2010

I have been to Thatchers in North Windham several times since they moved to their new location and I usually have a good experience. Have had only one negative experience the entire time I have been a patron. I will speak of that one first. My husband and I were dining out with another couple and the waitress who was serving us we had never had before. The service was terrible to say the least!! She messed up our order in every way possible, spilled and dropped several things, and rambled on about her ms (multiple sclerosis) the whole time she was making mistakes!! I'm sorry, but when we go out to dine, we expect good service and not to hear about someone's health and life problems the entire time we are sitting and trying to eat!! Other than that, the food was phenomenal (seafood) and if it hadn't been for the waitress I would have rated it 5 stars.
We will return, but only if another waitress serves us, not the one with all the problems.

2 Thank SebagoLakeLovers
“Cheers”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2009

Anyone who is familiar with that famous TV show from the 80s would be able to relate to the atmosphere at Thatchers. To the locals from that era it is Windhams place where everybody know your name. I've lived in this town for less than 2 months and I feel very much at home largely because of Thatchers. Owner/operator Dave Garry is an honest hard working, genuine guy who expects and receives the same from his staff. Food is very good in terms of quality and value for money. No matter how good a restaurant is there is always going to be an unhappy customer once in a while. It's a shame that these are the only ones who will usually take the time to write a review. If you've never been there take a chance. odds are you will be one of the much greater percentage that will find it a very satisfactory experience.

4 Thank Gary04062