“Breath taking views from the room but disappointing food ”

Jonah's, Whale Beach
Ranked #1 of 2 Whale Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 26 October 2017 via mobile

Stayed at Jonah’s ocean retreat room for one night. Unforgettable views from the room, listening the sound of the ocean , watching the sunrise from the bed in the morning , beautifully renovated interor

However the food was disappointing. Had lunch in the dinning room but very disappointed by the kingfish dish I ordered , taste plain and smell not fresh. And there was only one vegetarian choice on the menu. So I decided to have my dinner in the room, there was no vegetarian choice on room service menu but chips and salad side dishes.

Overall , excellent room and services from the staff but food menu and quality do not meet the standard of the price charged

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
GMJonahs, General Manager at Jonah's, Whale Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2017

I am sorry to hear that you found the food disappointing. Whilst we understand that everyone’s palate is different and the appreciation of our dishes is subjective, the one thing that is certain is that our fish is very fresh. We have fish deliveries 6 days every week and a very high turnover of product guarantees that we are always serving the freshest of seafood.

I note your comments in relation to there being only 1 vegetarian choice. We pride ourselves on our vegetarian offerings and there are 3 vegetarian choices on the menu. These are:
- New Season Asparagus, hops emulsion, hazelnuts, caramelised yoghurt
- Potato Gnocchi ricotta salata, rainbow chard, smoked egg yolk
- Charred Eggplant salsa verde, fennel pollen, ricotta

The room service menu does differ to the a la carte menu but our team are more than happy to provide dishes from either menu especially to satisfy the dietary requirements of our guests.

I am glad that you did enjoy the room and view and hope you will return to Jonah’s to better sample our overall offering.

Reviewed 24 October 2017 via mobile

Beautiful Jonah’s is in an idyllic position overlooking serene Whale Beach. The service is top notch and the rooms are upgraded to contemporary chic with all the high tech you could wish for. We were spoilt at dinner and breakfast with impeccable service and the most divine food!! We will dream about our perfect getaway- highly recommend , can’t wait to return!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 October 2017

We really loved our one night stay at Jonahs.
When I booked I was told all the rooms are the same price (except one upmarket bigger one) and so I thought they would all have balconies. When we checked into our room we noticed they were not all the same and we had no balcony.
We moved to another room that was a bit smaller but had a fab balcony.
We found MacDonalds rubbish and tradesman clothing etc in our bathroom.
We were looked after really well considering our few incidences. The staff were wonderful.dinner amazing and breakfast was stunning.
I think the buildings need painting as colour is outdated. Would make a big difference.
Otherwise I love this place.
Dinner was so romantic and stunning food and breakfast was divine watching the dolphins at Whale beach

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 October 2017 via mobile

I know this is odd comment, but for those of us with disabilities having access is very important
From the moment you enter the attention to detail is above and beyond what you can imagine, the staff are extremely helpful
The food (dinner & breakfast) was very well appointed and unique
I did not access the pool as it was too cold so I do not know about the accessibility
Very wheelchair/mobility scooter friendly (i do have a smaller mob. scoot.)
I was very impressed!

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 October 2017

We attended a wedding here recently, staying for 2 nights, and I have to say that this is a great place with simply stunning views out across the ocean...and late in the afternoon, if may be lucky like we were to spot the occasional whale breeching the surface. The setting for the wedding was truely magical and the staff were on hand for whatever we needed. Our room was on the top floor and had a private balcony, spa etc etc and was a delight. Given its location - this is the ideal romantic getaway but do book well in advance if you want to secure a nice room. The restaurant is also great and once again, the staff are brilliant. The popularity of this property does mean that a constant review of wear and tear needs to be a priority. That aside - I think its a great place to stay and celebrate.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Whale Beach
Novotel Sydney Manly Pacific
The Sebel Manly Beach
Ovolo Woolloomooloo
#1 of 186 in Sydney

Been to Jonah's, Whale Beach? Share your experiences!