Lafayette's Oceanfront Resort
Wells - Ogunquit Resort Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$95
US$152
Elmwood Resort Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$119
Footbridge North Hotel(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$98
US$83
The Beaches Motel & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$76
The Coast Village Inn & Cottages(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$234
Village by the Sea(Wells)(Great Value!)
US$106
US$97
US$141
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewshigh tideoceanfront roomoff seasonwells beachpanorama buildingdifferent buildingsocean viewindoor poolmain buildingtidal poolshear the wavesopen year roundgas fireplacebeen coming here for yearsslidershot tublove this place
Reviewed 18 November 2011

We traveled with four generations so we had multiple needs. The Lafaette Oceanfront Resort provided easy access to the rooms, (just two steps), a fabulous view of the beach and ocean, and one of the rooms had a large area for gathering that was big enough to let the baby toddle around. I especially enjoyed the double shower heads in the shower.

Room Tip: Some rooms have Tempur-Pedic mattresses.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 November 2011

We stayed at this "resort" because we were in Maine for a party. Here are the pros and cons of the evening:
Pros:
-The location can not be beat. Right on the water.
- The staff is wonderful. Helpful, polite, accommodating. Every single person we encountered was a delight.
- The cost was reasonable for off season ocean front.

Cons:
- The room was in the oldest section of the resort, so keep in mind that other (newer) sections may be better. But the room was small, cramped, old, and had the feel of a Salvation Army Store. Clean, but old. Really really old.
- The bathroom was roughly the size of an Airstream bathroom. If you're there alone, it's not a big deal, but if you are sharing the room with someone, it may take a bit of coordination for the two of you to get ready at the same time.
- The fella that stayed in the room above us walked around quite a bit which we heard all night long. When I say we, I mean my husband. I slept through it, but he heard every footfall. On the plus side, that meant he was awake at 6am so we went out to see the sun rise.

All in all, I thought the resort (I really have a hard time thinking of this place as a resort) was fine for what we needed. I think that a weekend in the summer here would drive me nuts. Too small, too old, too noisy. But one night in the off season - it's fine.

My husband is still peeved with me for picking this place. He hated it.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ski_n_Tee
Reviewed 30 September 2011

My mom and I came here for a weekend getaway for some bonding and I couldn't believe how beautiful this place is. We stayed in the beach front lodge the room was so nice and VERY clean the beds are amazing and what a view!!! The staff is very friendly and helpful this will be my new Maine getaway hotel

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 September 2011

This was the last stop on a long trip across Canada and into Maine and down the east coast to home. I wish we could have stayed another night here! There is so much to see and do! The hotel was clean and the view was amazing!!! The sunrise was breath taking!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Although it's been a couple of years since my last stay at this hotel complex, we will certainly be back again.
Its location can't be beat-directly on Wells Beach...with many rooms that open right onto a beach-side patio.
The hotel is convenient to route 1, shopping, gas and food.
General-public parking is tight here in-season, although the hotel does a good job 'guarding' its own designated parking areas.
The rooms are good-spacious, clean and neat. We had a mini-fridge and coffee maker in our room as well as the appropriate bathroom amenities. The property is well-maintained even in the dead of winter.
This stay we tried the 'marsh view' building which was a first for me but very nice.
Customer service at LaFayettes is always top-notch, friendly and helpful; I have never had a negative experience with the folks at check in or while making reservations.
This hotel has a wonderful indoor heated pool and jacuzzi (with a timed waterfall even!), a small reading 'library' and guest-use computers in the lobby, plenty of local tourism information and is adjacent to a small casual (trays/bus your own tables) restaurant.
During this stay (September) the restaurant closed at 2 pm, however we tried a quick breakfast there (complimentary coffee coupons given by the hotel) and it was fine- very quick, nothing fancy but it did the job. (plus, the coffee was HUGE)
Prices at LaFayettes are not bottom of the barrel, but the value is there, found in the excellent location, excellent service and many amenities offered. We will definitely be back the next time we visit Wells.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple