All reviews mini golf tent sites ping pong horseshoe pits getaway weekend heated pool carousel trailer campers inclusive cottage dumpster
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

The staff on phone is very friendly and helpful. The campground is great for Family gatherings with young children. The Security is very good, as they patrol often. The fishing Pond should be called, "Turtle Pond".

Stayed: June 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 June 2018 via mobile

My wife and her family have been going to Papoose since she was 10 years old. I joined them 7 years ago and we brought our dogs and we’re told they “couldn’t walk on certain streets of the campground.” Many of their rules I find silly, like only being able to swim in nasty water on a trail off the campground, not allowed on the outside of other campers sites that are part of your camping group even while leashed and picked up after, restricted from majority of places activties were held. They followed all the rules but I still am bothered, two years later, that they weren’t allowed on certain DIRT roads most of all. A campground is a place where you enjoy your family and friends but their ridiculous rules ruined our trip by not being able to spend much time with our group, staying in different sites, all because we wanted our dogs to enjoy a vacation with us. We are done with this campground. They should NOT advertise themselves as dog friendly. We left our comments for management and never heard back.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
4  Thank Duke19932018
Reviewed 7 October 2017 via mobile

Would give a 4 if it was a little more updated on a few things. We went there for one of there all inclusive weekends and stayed an extra night. If you are going with a group or kids and don't want to cook the all inclusive is for you. Decent amount of food didn't worry about not getting any. We stayed on the wooded side no the water side as the campground is split in half by the road. Didn't really here much from traffic. The wooded side on my opinion is nicer. The pond side has trailer spots rentals and cabins. The mini golf really needs an update along with the playgrounds and horseshoe pits. They did have entertainment at night and also a carousel. 2 people in my family have food allergies and they did their best to accommodate us. Would I go back yes just not on the all inclusive weekend not that it was bad I think it's a great idea I'm just not wild about having set times to eat and it was hard with the allergies we have and we don't ask people to do anything special for it so it was nice they tried. We already scoped our a bunch of sites to ask for on a return trip.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 September 2017

It sounds like you had a bad experience. I'm very sorry to hear about that.

With that being said.. Maybe this post was written when you... were hungry? Needed a nap? immediately after your shoelace broke? Well who's to say...

Papoose Pond is a deeply loved institution and apart of so many family's story.

I have spent my entire life going to Papoose, and I am endlessly grateful to have been given the chance to do so!

My family goes as a big group at the end of every camp season.. I'm pretty sure we've stayed in every version of accommodation they have. (SO MANY OPTIONS!) You can camp bare bones, or cozy up in a cabin with a fire place, screened in porch, kitchen.. Whatever you want.. they've got it.

I will preface this by saying that I have grown up in NH and feel deeply connected to the woods and camping in all it's forms. It is clean, organized, thoughtful... great for all ages.

THIS PLACE IS THE BEST!!!!!!!!

I am a health researcher with Harvard and have an autoimmune disease. Basically, I get sick very easily and have a good handle on the science of that. I swim here every time I go. It's a pond.. you get what you get. The amount of 'muck' changes with the seasons, but it is incredibly clean and SO beautiful. They even have a sand beach and a designated swimming area! It's awesome.

If you don't like swimming in ponds, that's ok! You have the option of enjoying the pond from above! Kayaking, canoe, row, etc.. So cheap and so easily accessible.

Speaking of activities....THEY HAVE EVERYTHING YOU NEED, WANT AND DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WANTED. It's a blast! They schedule a full day of activities for all ages.. PLUS many independent options to try out whenever you feel like it!

My family goes every year. We started decades ago and now the kids are adults.. and the adults are even more adulty.. it's the only way to get us all together. (outside of the holidays.) This place is treasure to my heart.

I really hope you consider this amazing place. It was the first place I wanted to weekend after spending 3 years in Hawaii.. If you miss somewhere in Hawaii.. it kind of has to be awesome. :)

Room Tip: No dogs allowed in the cabins, but ok in Camp Site area.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
7  Thank Brittany C
Reviewed 11 September 2017 via mobile

Our family, a group of about 30, goes to Papoose Pond every year on the same weekend and it is such a blast! They have accommodations for everyone. Tent sites, sites with just kitchenette, small cottage sites with outdoor kitchens and also with and without bathrooms (plenty of bathrooms throughout the HUGE campground though), camper trailers, small modular trailers and large cottages with 2 and 3 bedrooms. There is an outdoor, heated pool, miniature golf, two lodges for activities and several pool tables, playgrounds, horseshoe pits and ping pong tables throughout the campground. There is something for everyone!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family