All reviews an older building peace and quiet presque isle continental breakfast room was clean stayed here rates microwave motel bed
Reviewed 6 October 2017

My wife and I stayed here in September while sight seeing in northern Maine. We called and got a room for the night. It was late when we got there so I went to the office to check in. To my surprise I found a letter taped to the wall with my name on it. I read the letter and it said that the owner had to leave and he left instructions as well as the key. He said we would settle up in the morning upon his return. We did the paperwork the next day. What a pleasure to find a place like this to stay. The owner was a treasure, the motel was super clean, and the rate was was just as nice. At first glance this motel might make you wonder if you picked the right place to stay. Be live me when I say that you wont go wrong staying here. It was so good that we stayed an extra night.

Room Tip: An information hot spot for anything about northern Maine.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank BluegooseTraveler
Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

Off the beaten path. On a 1 night stop for business. Very friendly owners. Clean room. We were told that it was busy with snowmobiling and ATVs during other months. Only 2 issues we had was our bathroom had a broken fan which was very LOUD and was not conducive to a nice hot soak in the tub. The other was that we asked to change charge cards to pay. The owner tried for 15 minutes and said that she had but when we left, the charge reverted back to the initial card. Perhaps it was new software? Overall, pleasant stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 30 July 2017

An older building, and outdoor stairs to the upper rooms. Yes, this is an OLD building, inside, and out. CLEAN inside the rooms, and out. Friendly and helpful staff. Breakfast was a pleasant surprise indeed. Enjoyable time spent sitting on the upper floor balcony. Parking close to your room is limited, however the adjoining gravel parking lot offers ample space. Overall, worked well for us.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Steve D, Owner at Aroostook Hospitality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2017

Thank you, I'm glad you could have the time to enjoy our deck.

Reviewed 13 July 2017 via mobile

After looking around for hotels in the area I found this small tucked away motel. When I got there I called the number on the door the owner came right up got me a room ASAP with no hassles. Once getting into my room it was immaculate very clean. There's always a person on site to help you with anything that you need this place is great if you're looking for peace and quiet. The owner Steve was amazing to work with and the rooms are best priced in the area. I even received an email asking how my stay was, you don't get that anywhere else! This family owned business is by far the best I have ever seen, very friendly organized and clean. Highly recommend. Cody

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Cody R
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

I was so excited about this place, based on the reviews and when I got there yesterday afternoon I thought it was cute and quaint and I loved how nice Holly was (she was the employee checking me in.) However, when she had me drive around to the back of the building, it was a whole other story! The building was rundown and dirty, there was a broken grill right next to a usable grill, by the door. There was a large, broken, plastic tube (for drainage ) in front of the door (that I tripped over.) That was just the entrance... Inside: had a false ceiling that was broken and stained in some places (really nice to look at in the uncomfortable twin sized bed I was sleeping in.) The little stove in the kitchenette was dirty (looked like dried on eggs) and the sink had cup rings on the bottom... The TV was a 1990s 20 inch box thing and when we pulled out the made up pull-out couch we were faced with a huge brown stain on the mattress that my son was going to be sleeping on. I asked where the air conditioner was (Middle of June) and Holly pointed to the box fan in the window. She was very nice and offered to bring another fan if we needed it, which we did. Unfortunately, the window the fan was in was ground level because the room we were in was in the basement of this building and being a woman traveling alone with 3 kids, I didn't feel comfortable keeping the window open all night; the window lock was broken, so I had to put a cookie sheet in the sliding window to keep anyone from opening it. As a result of no air conditioner and a closed window, we were hot and uncomfortable all night. There were also doors in the room that were locked and we didnt know where they went or who had access to our room while we were sleeping. The bathroom was awful! The wall paper was peeling and the shower curtain was dirty. I was up most of the night because of the heat and fear from the unlocked window. This morning when we got up, we went to the free continental breakfast and wow... 3 kinds of cereal, bagels, and juice...that's it. No fruit, nothing fresh at all. Well, I think the coffee may have been fresh. While I was having coffee and my kids were having juice, a man can in and asked me if I was in room 13, I said yes and he asked me if I had already settled my bill. No introduction, no "How was your night" nothing. I asked him if he was the owner and he confirmed that he was and I proceeded to tell him (very politely I might add) how our stay was. He didn't apologize once. He became defensive and asked me point blank "What do you want me to do about it?" I was blown away! I told him to take the money I was paying him and clean/update that room! He then walked out the door. When we got back to the room, my son wanted to take a shower and there was no hot water. I sent him up to the office to get help and the owner came down and informed me that there was hot water, I just threw my hands in the air. He fixed the water and when he left I thanked him and he ignored me. When I went to settle up my bill he had given me half off the room (that was nice, although I would have gladly paid full price if it had meant he would use it to fix up the room.) It was a terrible night. I had to drive home today (6 hours with 3 kids in the car) and not getting a good night's sleep and having to deal with his attitude this morning, made for a very long and miserable ride. I would not stay there again for anything! I would never recommend this Motel (definitely not Inn as is claimed by the name) to anyone.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled with family
2  Thank antoinialeah
Steve D, Owner at Aroostook Hospitality Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2017

Thank you for taking time out of your life to express your feelings about our facility. Any and all criticisms are always welcome. We always strive to meet our guests’ expectations. However, with you we defiantly did not meet yours. For that I am sorry.
You seem to be on a mission to try and destroy our reputation. I know this because you have posted this same “review” on other sites. I am sure you have posted it on other sites I have not yet seen.
For that reason I am not even going to try to address some of you points. Instead I am going to stand on our reputation, and let it speak for itself. I am also going to ask my regular customers and guests who have just stayed with us one time’ to read over your thoughts and let me know if they think this is how we run our operation.
I will say one thing, had I fully understood how many people and their ages were going to be in the room, I could have said, “I am sorry but we do not have the accommodations you need.” I am sure we both would have been much happier today.