See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 1 August 2013

When we arrived for our one night stay, we found that Dominika had upgraded us from the chickadee room to the nuthatch because no one was in the nuthatch and it was a little larger. This also meant that we were the only ones using the shared bathroom which we liked. This bathroom was quite large, clean and had a nice sized shower. The low ceiling by the sink made the mirror a little ackward, but other then that no problems. Dominika provided us with a large bowl in which we put some beer on ice and we went off to explore the town. We ate at the Narrows Tavern and found the food good and the atmosphere friendly, then enjoyed learning about Waldoboro's ship building history.

Breakfast the next morning was very good. After eating Linda took us across the street and showed us the tail of a large tuna their neighbor had caught, wow--wish we could have seen the whole fish.

The garden was wild, the house rustic and the visit interesting.

Date of stay: July 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank muskrat2
Reviewed 21 July 2013

At the end of June/2013 I went to Waldoboro for my 30th high school reunion. I went to school there as an exchange student and I hadn’t been in Waldoboro since then. Reading TRIPADVISOR reviews I selected Le Vatout as the place to stay. I made no mistake. The comments about the special care both Dominika and Linda took of their guests were short in their description. They both provided me a wonderful stay and made my 4 days trip as nice and smooth as they could.
Delicious and original breakfasts, very nice coffee, delightful conversation, useful tips regarding where to visit, restaurants to go in the region, etc.
Le Vatout is located right next to Waldoboro downtown, although it is a very quiet place in a strategic sector. It is located a few blocks from a supermarket and from Deb’s dinner (nice lobster rolls).
The infrastructure is the best you could expect from a B&B. Clean room, nice and comfortable bed, clean and nice bathroom. The rest of the house is as it is shown in the pictures. Nice. Cozy and beautiful kitchen/dinner table. Beautiful gardens. In a sunny day, worth to spend time relaxing and contemplating its landscape. I am already planning another visit to Waldoboro to visit friends and Le Vatout is the place where I will stay.

Date of stay: June 2013
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank Carlos M
Reviewed 27 September 2012

We stayed at Le Vatout for 6 nights on our trip to Maine two weeks ago on a quest for fresh lobster. We found the stay to be very comfortable and the innkeepers to be very interesting and the breakfasts were excellent. Our room was on the first floor which is important to the two of us and Dominique had many suggestions for places to eat and places to go to.
There is a garden behind the house which is a fascinating place to spend some time just relaxing. During the preparation of breakfast Dominique would go to the garden to cut herbs to enhance what ever she was preparing.
We shall return someday and recommend it to any who like good food, and good conversations at breakfast.

Room tip: We really liked the first floor as we are not very mobile.
Date of stay: September 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank allen w
Reviewed 2 September 2012

If you want a lot of R's - relax, retreat, restore, recharge, rejuvenate, renew - Le Vatout is the place for you. The beautiful gardens are constantly showing off their glory, not in a manicured way, but in a natural-looking style that keeps Linda busy all year round. In and out of the gardens are many little nooks where you can just disappear to enjoy the quiet. The breakfasts that Dominica prepares with fresh eggs, herbs, homemade jam or blueberries are absolutely delicious. Conversation is friendly, open and not imposing - just like the owners. I am looking forward to my next stay in 2013. It truly is a little bit of paradise. Betty Reed

Room tip: The rooms are remind me of vacations spent at my cousins' summer house - simple, clean, comfortable and welcoming. I love hearing the crickets at night instead instead of the drone of air conditioners. Don't bother bringing any books to read. Dominica and Linda have an endless supply of excellent books to read!
Date of stay: August 2012
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
5  Thank Elizabeth R
Reviewed 12 August 2012

A warm welcome in this lovely countryside B&B with beautiful gardens and quiet rooms in the home of two artists. Very personal and personable service, the rooms are filled with books, art and antiques. A delicious home cooked breakfast and helpful advice about exploring the area's restaurants and attractions. I would recommend it highly as an antidote to a corporate motel chain experience!

Date of stay: August 2012