“This is Maine.”
Review of Stucco Lodge

Stucco Lodge
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Veazie
Stucco Lodge
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Veazie
Reviewed 24 April 2016

Looking through postcards of the beautiful state of Maine, you may see depictions of nature, cozy cabins, and beautiful greenery. The Stucco Lodge, I feel, should be another representation of what it means to be in Maine. In a world covered with new generation leisure hotels that fulfill each of our laziest desires, we miss out on the beautiful hotels/motels that emphasize the beauty of the state. Rather than seeing beautiful green grass, gardens, and tall Maine trees, we see bleak parking lots and large buildings. The Stucco Lodge returned my family and I to what it means to be in Maine. As I parked my kayak-ready car in front of my room, I took a moment to look around me and breathe in the beauty. This small, family-owned motel is in a quiet location, in a small town just 5 miles out from the city, but far enough to maintain its own atmosphere. Its a green property, marked with beautiful gardens, flower bushes, and trees. It has umbrella-shaded picnic tables and charcoal grills for those hearty Maine summer barbecues. And most importantly, the Stucco Lodge is one of a kind in having a well-maintained outdoor pool for hot summer days and warm summer nights! All in all, this motel is one that I will promise to return to with my family year after year. Thank you Stucco Lodge family and staff for making my stay such a wonderful experience.

Room Tip: I assume that the view is the same from every room, but the wifi is better the closer your room is t...
  • Stayed: April 2016, travelled with family
4  Thank MaineLover1

Reviewed 21 January 2016

I have been familiar with the Stucco Lodge since the late 60's and early 70"s. Mother use to be a housekeeper there then.

Many years later in 2015, my youngest daughter transfers to the University of Maine at Orono. I need a reasonable place to stay. I call the motel and talk to Andy the owner. I have never been treated so nice as him and his family treat us.

The rooms are cool in the summer and warm in the winter. There are no insects or vermin. The rooms are clean and neat. The owners cannot do enough for you.

The motel units set off the road. They are very quiet. The beds are very comfortable.

We stayed there the first weekend of November in 2014. There was a very large wet heavy snow storm. We were out of electricity from around 2PM to 9PM. Andy the owner kept checking on us to see if we were ok and offered more blankets.

You can stay in those big fancy motels with their indoor pools, hot tubs, room service etc. But, you can save a lot of money, bring your own food and feel just like you are home at the Stucco Lodge.

I highly recommend the Stucco Lodge!!!!!!!

Andy: I do promise that some time when I stay with you, it will not snow!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ps: The owners clean up snow and treat the ice immediately.

Room Tip: They all are good
  • Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
1  Thank Stephen M
Reviewed 15 October 2015

My dad recommended this place to us since he stays here when he visits my younger sister at the University of Maine at Orino, which was part of the reason for our trip. Our room lacked three major things that even old and outdated hotels have: a hair dryer, a coffee maker and an alarm clock.If I had known the room didn't come with these things I would have brought them from home with us. Other than that this is one of those hole in the wall places that's on a quiet road away from the center of town. I was told by the woman who answered the phone when I called that there weren't any rooms available for Columbus Day weekend. She offered to put me on a cancellation list just in case they had one. Andy (the owner) called me about an hour later to tell me he had a room available and so we made our reservation. Andy answered all of my questions and assured me that there are no down pillows in the rooms. (I'm allergic to them.) He wasn't sure if he would have a room with a king bed in it but when we arrived around dinner time on Friday he told me that he saved the king bed for us. The room came with a refrigerator and microwave. The bed was a bit rough on our backs. The door to the bathroom was very small and my boyfriend (who is six foot two) had to turn to the side and bend over a bit to get through it. All in all this was a very nice place to stay and we will definitely be back in the spring.

• Stayed: October 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank purplbttrfli
Reviewed 11 September 2015

we stayed at the stucco lodge again. the first reason that they took Canadian money at par. secondly, I had talked to other people from Canada that had been staying there for years, motel to relax for a few days.Always a good review, again a quiet clean establishment. the outdoor pool was well maintained. weekly and monthly rates are also available.

Room Tip: bring your coffee pot, fridge and microwave are supplied
  • Stayed: September 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank salesmanSussex_Nb
Reviewed 15 July 2015

We attempted to stay on July 14, 2015, and they would not allow us to stay because my husband has a service dog. He tried to explain that they could not discriminate and refuse accomodation because of his dog. They refused to listen, or check the rules. They became quite belligerent. Don't support this motel.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
2  Thank clarkie64

Been to Stucco Lodge? Share your experiences!