“Authentic Maine Seafood Shack, with Indoor Seating”
Review of Dock's Seafood

Dock's Seafood
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 19 September 2017

Turned off by a one-hour wait at a Portland waterfront lobster place we had enjoyed in the off-season, we decided to drive to South Portland to try this place, which we had found positively reviewed on Trip Advisor. We were not disappointed! We had the double lobster, augmented by a couple of extra sides, for a very reasonable price, and agreed that the experience was outstanding. You order up front, find a table either inside (air-conditioned) or outside (it was cooling off after an unusually hot day in Southern Maine), and wait for your number to be called. Everything was enjoyable, and we look forward to coming back when we next travel to the Portland area.

Reviewed 17 September 2017

I was excited to visit Dock's Seafood after seeing the great reviews. After trying the lobster roll, I realized it's not really my thing. I did, however, appreciate the chill atmosphere and the clam chowder was delicious. This restaurant feels local and being from out of town, I appreciated this. Next time I go, I will try something other than the lobster roll and probably have a much better experience!

1  Thank Sara M
Reviewed 16 September 2017

Dock's is a little neighborhood restaurant that has awesome seafood. I ordered the twin lobster special (it's on the white board when you walk in) with a side of corn and slaw for $22.95, if I remember correctly. You order at the counter, then find yourself a table. There are other things on the menu that I wanted to try but didn't get a chance to. I went back on Monday, but it turns out that they're CLOSED ON MONDAYS. ugh. oh well, next time...

Reviewed 13 September 2017

I've been going here since they opened and always satisfied.
They have the best lobster rolls, whole clam rolls, and other seafood.
This is where I bring friends to dine in South Portland.

Reviewed 12 September 2017 via mobile

We visited Dock's Seafood after it was recommend by a local. They did not let us down. The restaurant is not fancy. In fact it is quite unassuming but clean! The owners (I assume) were very friendly and warm. They even remembered what we had for dinner and questioned if it met our expectations.

The wait was not long even though we ate around 6:00PM. However, in all honesty, it was a Tuesday evening. I would guess the weekends could get busy with local traffic.

Both my wife and I had twin lobsters and French fries. The lobsters were fresh and were in the range of 1-1/4 lbs each. The cost was $22 for each twin lobster dinner. We felt it was reasonable. There are tables inside and outside. We ate outside and even the outside tables were spotless.

This was our first time but we will definitely go back to Dock's our next time through!