“I am here again...unfortunately.”
Review of Brookside Inn

Brookside Inn
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Smyrna Mills
Brookside Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Smyrna Mills
Reviewed 4 March 2015

Working in Oakfield this week, so I didn't have a choice where to stay. The company I work for books my hotels. I just wanted to take a nap after work. Last time I brought my sleeping bag, this time I didn't...wish I had. Pulled down the blankets on the first bed and there were hairs on the sheets and pillow cases, and almost as bad on the second bed. I laid one of my shirts over the pillow so I could sleep. I don't expect perfection, but seriously...are clean sheets too much to ask for???

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business
1  Thank Jay D

Reviewed 15 November 2014

My wife and I stayed here in mid-November, 2014 - I thought it would be an okay choice, considering they took $75 of my hard-earned money. Boy, was I mistaken.

For starters, we arrived at about 8:30pm on a Friday night. I parked in front of the "office" door, where there are two signs, one indicating to visit the on-site restaurant during business hours to check in, and one indicating to ring the doorbell for service. The restaurant was dark inside and out, so I decided to ring the doorbell. THREE TIMES I rang the doorbell, and there was absolutely no response. Seeing as the restaurant was closed, I decided to call the hotel's phone number from my cell phone (thank goodness I had a cell phone and there was decent cell service!), and what sounded like a grumpy man answered the phone. When I inquired on how to check in, I was told someone would be at the restaurant momentarily to get us our key. We went over to the restaurant and stood outside in the dark and cold for several minutes, waiting for some kind of sign that someone was there. Finally someone turned on the lights inside the restaurant and unlocked the door so that I could go in, pay for the hotel room, and get the key.

We get inside our room, and I would swear I've seen bigger Motel 6 rooms. There were two double beds, a combination desk/bureau, a mini-fridge and microwave, and the TV service was through Dish Network with lots of channel choices. Overall the room seemed fairly clean, but the shower head leaked profusely and had some sort of "gunk" on it. There was some of the tile missing from the bathroom floor. The bed was fair in terms of comfort.

Like some previous reviews, I would recommend spending a little more money and staying 10 miles away in Houlton. This hotel is sub-par at best and not worth your money, unfortunately.

• Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank figment79
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Not the worst I've ever stayed in, but close. Had to work in next town over, so not really any other choices. At first glance room didn't seem horrible, but the longer we were there, the more we noticed. A blood stain on my co-worker's sheet....GROSS! The shower curtain was musty and the top of the shower was filthy. (I notice things like that...6'2") Some sort of stain on one of the bath towels. The first two nights there, no one made the bed or cleaned in the morning, only gave us new towels. After the third night, they made the beds in the morning and gave us towels, but did not clean. The water temp while taking a shower goes from hot to cold to scalding. The walls are paper thin, you can hear your neighbor snore. I brought my sleeping bag and was glad I did, this is the type of place that leaves the same bedspread on for infinity.

Room Tip: I recommend driving another 10 miles north to Houlton.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jay D
ccdseiatco, Owner at Brookside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

I am sorry to hear of your displeasure. This party as well as many other guests at this time are charged cut rates with the understanding with the company that there would not be room service everyday.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

family stayed for 3 nights not bad basic but right price didn't need 5 star had clean beds hot shower and clean towels no room was dingy but good for our needs mini fridge and micro wave a plus with baby overall will stay again if needed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room had an odd smell, once the window was open for a while it wasn't too bad. There was food in the fridge, a full take out container, and a juice bottle beside the bed. Doesn't give me much confidence that it is clean. We had a bottle of wine but there was no corkscrew in the restaurant!! I won't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NBKent

Been to Brookside Inn? Share your experiences!