See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 November 2014

Not the worst I've ever stayed in, but close. Had to work in next town over, so not really any other choices. At first glance room didn't seem horrible, but the longer we were there, the more we noticed. A blood stain on my co-worker's sheet....GROSS! The shower curtain was musty and the top of the shower was filthy. (I notice things like that...6'2") Some sort of stain on one of the bath towels. The first two nights there, no one made the bed or cleaned in the morning, only gave us new towels. After the third night, they made the beds in the morning and gave us towels, but did not clean. The water temp while taking a shower goes from hot to cold to scalding. The walls are paper thin, you can hear your neighbor snore. I brought my sleeping bag and was glad I did, this is the type of place that leaves the same bedspread on for infinity.

Room Tip: I recommend driving another 10 miles north to Houlton.
  • Stayed: November 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jay D
ccdseiatco, Owner at Brookside Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 4 February 2015

I am sorry to hear of your displeasure. This party as well as many other guests at this time are charged cut rates with the understanding with the company that there would not be room service everyday.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

family stayed for 3 nights not bad basic but right price didn't need 5 star had clean beds hot shower and clean towels no room was dingy but good for our needs mini fridge and micro wave a plus with baby overall will stay again if needed

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 June 2014

The room had an odd smell, once the window was open for a while it wasn't too bad. There was food in the fridge, a full take out container, and a juice bottle beside the bed. Doesn't give me much confidence that it is clean. We had a bottle of wine but there was no corkscrew in the restaurant!! I won't stay here again.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank NBKent
Reviewed 1 March 2013

VERY basic.I stayed there in an emergency situation as it was literally the only place for miles around.Friendly waitstaff at restaurant but room had NO information.No remote,basic cable.$70.
It wouldn't be my first choice if there were other options.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Jim B
Reviewed 1 November 2012

The Maine health department should close this place down. FILTHY. We travel a lot and have stayed in hotels in 48 states but I doubt we could have found a worse motel in the state of Maine. It was late,we were hungry and there was a cute little restaurant next door ( which by the way had great home cooked meals at very reasonable prices ). Motel looked OK from the outside and based on the clean and neat restaurant who took your $74.90 and issued keys we decided to stay. Don't make our mistake, drive the 10 extra miles to Houlton or sleep in your car; you'll be glad you did. I could go on and on but I think you get the picture.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family