“Dinner”

Ranked #8 of 39 Restaurants in Skowhegan
Price range: US$8 - US$22
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 25 June 2018 via mobile

Very good Rueben sandwiches with their own smoked corned beef. Overall, prices are a little high; and for weekend travelers, they are closed Sundays and Mondays (a negative in my book).

Date of visit: May 2018

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

We were driving around area looking at potential places to buy and retire and stopped for lunch. We found it was a perfect place for a reasonably priced lunch with good service and good sandwich’s. I found the review by the food cricket silly. Food critic in Skowhegan with 13 reviews? LOL. Go and enjoy.

Date of visit: June 2018
Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

I'm a food critic, so prepackaged food reheated doesn't make me happy. Our first time we each received the wrong streak. Mine was too be done and his rare. He salted and peppered my steak heavily. The waitress asked me to take my steak into the bathroom and wash off the salt and pepper. She couldn't understand why I didn't want a steak that my husband doused in salt and pepper, (I don't add any). They didn't fix it but gave me 1/2 off the meal. I only ate the potato and salad. Another time I went for drinks and wings and the wings were not to my liking, I'm fussy. My daughter held her wedding rehearsal dinner here and after numerous calls to them with our total number in attendance, they only had 1 waitress assigned to us. She worked very hard but by the time we all had a drink, we were thirsty and time to bring us a second drink. They needed 3 waitresses for our huge party. 1/2 of us were done eating and the other half hadn't got served yet. It was not organized for a large party.

Date of visit: January 2018
Reviewed 29 October 2017 via mobile

Visited Whits End for a drink and dinner, had the worst service ever!!! The owner had a nasty look on her face the entire time, seemed like everyone wanted to go home at 8pm. We will never visit this establishment again.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 15 October 2017

Here is an interesting full service restaurant that succeeded at getting it right. Nice ambiance, super friendly waitstaff and good food. Daily specials plus a full menu of sandwiches to full meal plates. Large separate room to accommodate large groups. Even an outdoor seating are for good weather days and a large bar area for the drinking crowd. Definitely a well run restaurant.

Date of visit: October 2017