All reviews the main lodge popham beach the pilot house meal plan candlepin bowling golf course lobster bake dirty dancing salt water pool end of the season rehearsal dinner pro shop the early bird new england planned activities some tlc family vacation
Reviewed 9 August 2017

Resort setting is beautiful and is set up almost like a little village. Immaculately kept lawns, friendly staff and spectacular views of the bay. We ate at the restaurant which was one of our most memorable meals in Maine, highly recommended especially if you can get a table on the patio.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
puremaine, General Manager at Sebasco Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2017

Dear 'eatyourfeelings':

Thank you for staying with us and enjoying the incredible views of Casco Bay! We appreciate you mentioning the friendliness of the staff - we are very proud of them!

I will make sure I pass on the kind words about your meal experience to the Executive Chef and his culinary team.

Looking forward to your return visit.

Reviewed 8 August 2017 via mobile

Breathtaking vistas from ocean panoramas to quiet coves covered with water lilies! Great children's programs from paddle boarding to bowling to Making cotton candy!
FAbulous enormous salt water pool. Fun activities for all ages! My two grandsons and I had a terrific
time Fishing off the dock where we caught two fish and one lobster!
The staff is very polite and helpful. The restaurant staff is , however, inadequate and two hour waits were the norm for eating!
This is a magestic site and the
Perfect
Place for
Multigenerational reunions! HIGHLY RECOMMEND!

Stayed: September 2016, travelled with family

Dear 'offthecuff2010':

Thank you very much for spending your family vacation with us on the coast of Maine - it is much appreciated, We are proud of our hospitality team and thank you for noticing!

We agree - mulit-generational reunions are what we do very well! With an array of accommodations, we have a place for everyone. Our favorite is watching three generations enjoying the contra dancing at the lobster bake! Fishing and all the other activities can certainly keep you busy.

Apologies that we didn't hit a home run on the speed of service in the restaurants.

Thank you for the 'Highly Recommend' rating - that is the best compliment we can get. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 8 August 2017

Our family of 3 had a great time at Sebasco Resort. Lots of activities including day camp for our 4 year old son, daily yoga for mom and nice 9-hole golf course for dad. There's much more to do - some of it included in your room rate and some a little extra but we found the rates and fees are very reasonable. The staff is very helpful and the vibe here is relaxed and friendly. The whole area is classic Maine coastal but really uncrowded and easy to get around. My only quibble would be the food/restaurant situation - the quality is good in general but hit or miss at times.
We will come back again, for sure!

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family

Dear 'bgledhead':

Thank you very much for your kind review and for trusting your vacation time with us! I am glad you enjoyed a true family resort 'in the best possible way'!

Camp Merritt is a great way for the parents to get a little well-earned alone time and for the children to participate in resort activities in a supervised setting. Our yoga team has gotten great reviews this year and I am glad you ere able to enjoy that as well. Apologies we weren't 100% on the food offerings.

We will look forward to your return visit! Thank you again for choosing Sebasco!

Reviewed 5 August 2017

My wife, toddler and I spend a week traveling around the Maine coast, and Sebasco was without a doubt the most surprisingly wonderful part of our entire trip. Portland and Bar Harbor were great, but we expected that. We had never heard of Sebasco or the Popham Beach area until a friend had recommended. Once we got there, I couldn't thank them enough for the recommendation. I bit pricier than we were hoping, but understandable considering all they offer.

The resort was perfect. It had everything. Great food, activities perfect for adults and kids, beautiful views, a super friendly and helpful staff, very nice rooms. We didn't have the best weather, but when the clouds finally broke we got to spend a bit of time by their incredibly unique pool and that was wonderful too (but cooold, haha). Actually, my only criticism is they should probably work on patching up the cracked and crumbling concrete around the pool, it seems to be getting a bit weathered. (I'd imagine it's not easy to maintain a pool built right into the coast in Maine, so I thank them for trying. Totally worth it).

The location couldn't be beat, and Popham beach was one of the most spectacular beaches we've ever been to. I hate to say that, because part of the amazingness was just how few people actually were at this magnificent beach, so I hope this post doesn't change that, haha.

Sebasco was everything we could have ever wanted in an oceanside resort, with a layed back old school resort type of atmosphere, that thankfully has none of the snootiness and pomp and circumstance you'd find in an oceanfront resort in NY (we are from NY so I'm allowed to say that :-) )

Not sure when we'll have the opportunity to come back to Maine, but when we do, we certainly plan to make a return trip to Sebasco.

Room Tip: Have a toddler? Set your baby monitor up in the room and spend your night sipping wine on a rocking chair on the porch outside your room!
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank skruphie3
LighthouseKeeperBob, Owner at Sebasco Harbor Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2017

Wow. We're so glad you found us.

There aren't many family operated resorts left in New England. We're so proud of all that we have to offer and so happy when old friends share with others. It's very hard to expand on all the wonderful things you said in the review so I won't try.

But I do appreciate the feedback about our pool. It's the largest outdoor saltwater pool in Maine and was built in the 40's. It's a bear to keep up, primarily because of its location jutting out into Sebasco Harbor. We could never re-create it in this day and age but we try hard to keep it neat and clean.

Thanks for taking the time to post the review and I look forward to meeting you the next time you come.

Bob Smith
Lighthouse Keeper

Reviewed 28 July 2017 via mobile

I was invited for a wedding here . Beautiful location . A long drive from RI. The room big & clean. We played a round of golf. Had a lobster bake for the rehearsal dinner. The only negative thing I can say about this place . The game room is only open 2 1/2 hours a day .

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends
1  Thank Roger S

Dear Roger S,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay here. It's a wonderful wedding setting with lots of activity for all ages.

I'm sorry that we limit the Quarterdeck to evenings here when the weather is good. There are so many other things to do here that I don't think it would get a lot of use. But on those rare days when the weather doesn't cooperate, we have the bowling, ping pong and pool tables and all the games offered there available all day long.

We hope you come back soon.

Bob Smith