“SATURDAY LUNCH FOR EIGHT”
Review of Bonanza Steakhouse

Bonanza Steakhouse
Ranked #21 of 60 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Reviewed 20 May 2018

I met a group of friends for lunch. We claimed our reservation right on time. We had two tables for four put together with two half booths and four chairs. The set-up worked out well for us.

We placed our orders at the walk-up counter.

I ordered the Choice Sirloin Filet at $9.99. It came with whole kernel corn and a choice of starch sides. I took the rice pilaf.

Friend #1 took the Grilled Shrimp Dinner at $11.99. That had two skewers of shrimp. That came with rice.

Friend #2 got the Sirloin Tips at $11.99 with a baked potato as a side.

Friend #3 ordered the 16 oz Select Porterhouse Steak at $15.99 with a baked potato as a side.

Friends #4 and #5 each got the 1/3 lb. Cheeseburger at $4.99 with French fries.

Friend #6 had just the salad bar at $10.49.

Friend #7 took the Steakhouse Chopped Sirloin at $11.29 with whole kernel corn and a baked potato as a side.

Our meals were bused to our tables as each was ready.

We took turns going to the salad bar. It had numerous selections beyond the usual iceberg mixed salad or green leaf lettuce plus tomato slices, plus coleslaw and potato salad, and the common toppers such as croutons. There were four salad dressings. I got the fat free ranch. Each day, there are rotating extras. For Saturday, they were: Corn Chowder, French Onion Soup, BBQ Pulled Pork, Mini Corn Dogs, and Potato Wedges.

For dessert, the salad bar had pudding, brownies, mini cupcakes, cookies, and strawberry shortcake with two kinds of whipped cream. And, the ever-present soft serve ice cream machine in the corner dispensed chocolate and vanilla.

Service was excellent. Our party had a lot of requests for things that required a trip back to the kitchen or nearby service area. Each request was filled cheerfully and immediately.

The place was clean, including the restroom.

Everyone enjoyed the meals; however, I’ve had better steaks there. Ratings from our group ranged from 3.50 to on 5.0. The average was 4.25.

If you found this review helpful, please click THANK below.

Reviewed 14 May 2018

We came across this Bonaza and wanted to try it as we use to love Bonaza and York Steakhouse. For the most part it was the same ordering cafeteria style with the pictures of the meals on the wall. My wife ordered the steak tips and I had the rib eye. While we waited for our order we enjoyed the salad bar, soup and rolls. Our food arrived and it was fine, not great, but fine. We ended our meal with a soft serve I’ve cream. Price wise we got what we paid for. I liked the ribeye better than my wife enjoyed her tips. We both enjoyed the salad bar. All employees were friendly and the employees did not leave dirty dishes on the table for long. The restaurant itself could use some upgrades like new carpet for one. We were glad that we went but not sure we would return though it was nice to relive this type of restaurant.

Reviewed 1 April 2018

the restaurant is stuck in the 70s. Very out dated decor and they play old music. The food is good but over priced for what you get. They have a good salad bar, however its not fully stocked all the time.

Reviewed 22 February 2018

Good food for the price. Moderately priced with decent food, good portions at fair prices. Always happy

Reviewed 1 February 2018

I think there are like 8 Bonanzas left in the USA...and this is one of them...

Gristly, tough to cut steaks have geat beefy flavor...so the there is that...

Salad bar is a salad bar from my youth....circa 1979....and I mean this with all due affection...plus...MINI CORN DOGS ARE HERE!

All in all....a very fine, cheap retro experience

Saw "The Post" at Smitty's nearby...great movie......from the era of the high point of Bonanza.steakhouses.....Perfect combo!!!

1  Thank Bubs739