“Mid week steak”

Bonanza Steakhouse
Ranked #20 of 61 Restaurants in Sanford
Cuisines: Steakhouse, Soups
Reviewed 15 November 2017 via mobile

Rib Eye was GREAT! I go often so I get a bit tired of the same old salad fixins in the salad bar, but it is good.

1  Thank lambsan

Reviewed 30 October 2017

We planned this two hour (each way) girl's road trip three weeks in advance. (when we could all make it) and were all so looking forward to it. When we got there, I introduced myself to the female manager and told her the story, so excited. Three of us had steak tips (eh) I had a rib eye, the other two ladies had chicken fingers and I forget what flavor grilled chicken dinner. The salad bar was great. Everything was fresh and refilled when needed. There were delicious, hot rolls. If they were closer, I would come here just for the salad bar, hence the two stars, otherwise, would be one. We all went back two or three times. The stuff that came out of the kitchen, not so much. My medium rare rib eye was still mooing when they brought it to me. It had a grey sauce over it, not appetizing looking at all. I sent it back. It came back still raw. A male supervisor offered me a voucher for our next visit. I told him this was a once and done, no thank you. I am still upset he didn't go get the female that said she was the manager in charge this evening. SHE should have dealt with it once he knew I was still upset. Every one of our meals came with a side of corn none of us ordered. What a waste of food. When I spoke to the manager as we were leaving, she seemed offended when I told her how we felt about our experience. She said everyone loves the corn and my steak was a perfect mid rare. WOW. The last thing that we were not happy with was one of the gals bussing tables tried several times to clear our table when we were clearly still eating but also said this to my 16 year old niece "You should not waste food. If you weren't going to eat it, you should not have taken it" Again, WOW. She then turned to the table beside us and said the same thing to their children who looked about 4,6, and 8ish. I brought the steak home for someone to maybe cook a little more and eat. My 13 year old son, that has a bottomless stomach, wouldn't even touch it. He said it looked nasty. We didn't even feed it to the dogs. SO.....very disappointed, especially after talking about it for weeks. This could have turned into a repeated event but nope, won't see us ever again.

Reviewed 7 September 2017 via mobile

Great priced, tasty food and great for those families on a budget. Clean establishment with friendly staff.

Reviewed 6 September 2017 via mobile

First off from the beginning the customer service was horrible.The table & seats were sticky. Food came my double order of sirloin tips were suppose to be medium rare and they were well done plus very small amount of tips. My friend had a side order of sauteed onions that were disgusting. Very disappointed, won't be back again.

1  Thank Donald W
Reviewed 12 May 2017 via mobile

Although it doesn't look like it has been updated since it opened (I kind of like this old fashion charm) don't let it fool you. They cook amazing steaks and all their food is great. The salad bar a meal on its own always has so many options. Great food and Great prices.

2  Thank Shamra E