“Terrible food”

Wormwood's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This place has the worst clam chowder I've ever eaten. It was about 3/4 butter, 1/8 milk, and 1/8 everything else. I've read on another site that one person would prefer to eat Van deCamp's frozen fish sticks than eat here, and I would say that I probably agree. This place is pitiful.

1  Thank Kyle B

Reviewed 4 September 2013

I am from Maine haven't lived here for years, but I always try to make it a point to stop in for a bite when I do visit. It's a very quant little restaurant in Camp Ellis, Maine (Saco) and just a minute from the jetty which is the inlet for the Saco River. When I go I always invite friends and we all truly enjoy our time there. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the Baked Stuffed Haddock and they add different types of sides to go with it. Our waitress was great we would ask her about different types of drinks and if they had the liquor she made it for us. It was great! So if your ever near the coast in Saco check out this restaurant.

2  Thank DBG1010
Reviewed 9 August 2013

This seemed like a good place to eat, but then you are seated and if your party is larger than 4 people (we had 15) your waitress can't remember your order. Also when the order came it was incorrect! She then has the odasity to start putting entrees down on the table and telling us to figure it out?? The bathroom smelled like a bowl pee had been spilled years ago and was never cleaned up. This place will squirm your appetite. PS look at your bill before you pay, you WILL likely be charged for a different sized meal??!!

1  Thank 8,813
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I used to come here every summer with my family. We haven't been able to make it to Saco every year for the past few years, but I still sometimes make the 2 hour trek just to dine here annually. Their garlic bread is undoubtedly my all time favorite. So garlicy, buttery, and juicy, I just wish I had the recipe so I could make it on my own. Sometimes, not even kidding, I fill myself up on the bread alone. They have pretty decent garden salad but my all time favorite dish of theirs is the lobster alfredo. I can't explain it that well, but the sauce is so creamy and delicious and the mix of fresh lobster, a generous portion of it at that, just creates a flavor explosion in my mouth. I alos like their shrimp scampi and it's great that they offer small and large portions because the large ones are definitely huge. My family orders fried haddock and they have not yet been disappointed. Escargot isn't my thing but my dad really likes it here so it's probably worth a try if you're into that. Service is sometimes slow but for a great meal at a great price, it's definitely the least of my concerns. Even when it's crowded though, there's usually little to no wait. This place is a must if you are in Saco. Much better than mediocre Huot's.

4  Thank Dee B
Reviewed 23 July 2013

Walk in on a Monday night had to wait. Walked around outside. Seated when we returned placed an order for a martini. Quickly retuned place our order. Escargot, fish and chips, surf and turf (med rare)with lobster. Escargots very good could have used a crusty bread. Otherwise good. Dinner arrived lona waited for me to make sure my steak was done correctly. It was medium not Med rare as ordered. She returned it to the kitchen immediately. She told me you will get your steak as you asked. It didn't take long. I received a new lobster tail with it. All was perfect and hot. She took off some of the price. We were thrilled. Excellent service and food. The atmosphere was fine.
And the restaurant full. We will be back. Thank you Lona