“Been going for years and still love it!”
Review of Wormwood's Restaurant - CLOSED

Wormwood's Restaurant
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 7 August 2013

I used to come here every summer with my family. We haven't been able to make it to Saco every year for the past few years, but I still sometimes make the 2 hour trek just to dine here annually. Their garlic bread is undoubtedly my all time favorite. So garlicy, buttery, and juicy, I just wish I had the recipe so I could make it on my own. Sometimes, not even kidding, I fill myself up on the bread alone. They have pretty decent garden salad but my all time favorite dish of theirs is the lobster alfredo. I can't explain it that well, but the sauce is so creamy and delicious and the mix of fresh lobster, a generous portion of it at that, just creates a flavor explosion in my mouth. I alos like their shrimp scampi and it's great that they offer small and large portions because the large ones are definitely huge. My family orders fried haddock and they have not yet been disappointed. Escargot isn't my thing but my dad really likes it here so it's probably worth a try if you're into that. Service is sometimes slow but for a great meal at a great price, it's definitely the least of my concerns. Even when it's crowded though, there's usually little to no wait. This place is a must if you are in Saco. Much better than mediocre Huot's.

4  Thank Dee B

Reviewed 23 July 2013

Walk in on a Monday night had to wait. Walked around outside. Seated when we returned placed an order for a martini. Quickly retuned place our order. Escargot, fish and chips, surf and turf (med rare)with lobster. Escargots very good could have used a crusty bread. Otherwise good. Dinner arrived lona waited for me to make sure my steak was done correctly. It was medium not Med rare as ordered. She returned it to the kitchen immediately. She told me you will get your steak as you asked. It didn't take long. I received a new lobster tail with it. All was perfect and hot. She took off some of the price. We were thrilled. Excellent service and food. The atmosphere was fine.
And the restaurant full. We will be back. Thank you Lona

Reviewed 13 July 2013

Wormwoods has been in Camp Ells for what seems to be forever and I doubt it has ever been decorated in the past 25 years! The food is very average, service was poor and the place is dirty and in dire need of renovations. The restaurant had a musty odor to it which was off putting. Having lived in Camp Ellis for 10 years I tried Wormwoods several times but every time thought why do I return, this time I will not.

1  Thank Mike V
Reviewed 12 July 2013

this is one of our favorite places to eat in Maine. It's been there forever but the food is still great. You must try the broccoli salad, sounds strange but it's excellent. The usual lobster and seafood dishes are great and the strawberry shortcake was the best all year. Go for a stroll on the breakwater for the views after dinner. Excellent

1  Thank Caroline H
Reviewed 9 July 2013

New to the area. Friends took us to this restaurant. I thought we were going to Huet's where we have always had fabulous food. Walked into Wormwoods. Smelled like pee. This place is way past time for a complete remodel. No air conditioning so it was hot. Our waitress who works as a social worker during the day was less than pleased to be there I think. Not very friendly. When I asked for a fork she took one from another table and actually threw it at me. Nice. She perked up a bit when she brought the check but was very curt. The food. Just go somewhere else. Two of us ordered stuffed haddock. The stuffing (which is on top of the fish) was nasty and dry. The fish was dry. This was for both of our orders. Run away fast. Do not even stop to read the menu.

3  Thank Glynis407